cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project "Voodoo II" finishied - check it out

kuzzi
Level 7
Hi there

I recently finished my projekt Voodoo II - extreme hardtube watercooling. Please don't expect a 3dfx Card beeing watercooled. :confused: It's just the name - dedicated to 3dfx Voodoo Cards, the heros of my youth and to the Diamond Monster Sli config I had in my alltime first PC.

But actually there is a ROG 1080ti doing the job in this build/mod. It's based on a MAXIMUS IX APEX Board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57uL6v-BXLY

The Voodoo II is a mod / build that combines outstanding overclocking technology and a shiny bling bling watercooling. :cool: The focus is on unique design and high-end funcionality for everyday working, gaming and a great VR experience.

Appriciate your feedback & thank you all for this community!

Best, AGR-13
4 REPLIES 4

cooley77707
Level 7
Man that looks cool.

kuzzi
Level 7
Thx cooley77707 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
A+ for aesthetics with a few flaws in the tubing bends and lengths.
Only caveat I see is the tubing. Too many 90 degree bends, specifically the fittings where some are back to back, has to be killing your flow rate. Long sweeps arent so bad but the hard turns with the fittings are horrendous on flow rates.

Other than that very nice job.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

kuzzi
Level 7
Thx Justin, I really appreciate your honest feedback. Thought about the same things, but somewhere I read an article about flow rates and it seems to be not very significant if it is high flow or not - I'm not sure anymore but I thought I read about above 30l/h there is no more significant difference. I have to search that article again... The D5 I run is from Aquacomputer and you can adjust speed seemlessly. So at the moment I run it on a unhearable 60% and it seems to do a good cooling job. I will make some test with different speeds afterwards. May I ask what you recommend as the best flow rate to have the best cooling?