cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider this

Hopper64
Level 15
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-announces-ryzen-threadripper-1920x-and-1950x.html

Where do you get a cooler for this chip?? An AIO.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
8 REPLIES 8

Hopper64
Level 15
And this forum. Zenith board.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?299-Zenith-Extreme-Motherboard-(X399)
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Vlada011
Level 10
Off course because he have 16 cores. I would like to see his single threaded performance.
And I would like to see how he stay near Intel 16 cores single threaded performance, because that's very important.
If Intel i9 line is at least average for OC and better single threaded performance.... they will be better choice.
Because biggest price difference is between i9 and i7, difference between i9 models 12-14-16 is 150$ if I saw good.

Vlada011 wrote:
Off course because he have 16 cores. I would like to see his single threaded performance.
And I would like to see how he stay near Intel 16 cores single threaded performance, because that's very important.
If Intel i9 line is at least average for OC and better single threaded performance.... they will be better choice.
Because biggest price difference is between i9 and i7, difference between i9 models 12-14-16 is 150$ if I saw good.

AMD are keen on showing off workflow that reflects the need for such a product. It's just a shame they keep falling back on Cinebench everytime.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Korth
Level 14
I think the blame for running Cinebench (and nothing else) can be placed on the reviewer, not AMD.

There's probably scheduled NDA agreements about how much can (legally) be revealed about media sample parts before product release. Maybe tantalizing us with just one benchmark result (possibly one chosen because it's impressive and outstanding) is all that's permitted for now.

I expect that we'll see Threadripper runs and comparisons on every conceivable benchmark metric as launch approaches ever closer, as we would (and have) with any other new PC product.

To be honest I've seen the specs and have a fair idea about what to expect from the processors. My curiosity is about actual market prices and about how well the platforms will run multi-GPU setups with AMD cards and with non-AMD (duh, NVIDIA) cards - for me those are the make-or-break details which determine if I buy Threadrippers.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I think the blame for running Cinebench (and nothing else) can be placed on the reviewer, not AMD.

There's probably scheduled NDA agreements about how much can (legally) be revealed about media sample parts before product release. Maybe tantalizing us with just one benchmark result (possibly one chosen because it's impressive and outstanding) is all that's permitted for now.

I expect that we'll see Threadripper runs and comparisons on every conceivable benchmark metric as launch approaches ever closer, as we would (and have) with any other new PC product.

To be honest I've seen the specs and have a fair idea about what to expect from the processors. My curiosity is about actual market prices and about how well the platforms will run multi-GPU setups with AMD cards and with non-AMD (duh, NVIDIA) cards - for me those are the make-or-break details which determine if I buy Threadrippers.

No, it's definitely AMD. You might have missed the last 4 months, but they've used it as a comparative a lot
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
No, it's definitely AMD. You might have missed the last 4 months, but they've used it as a comparative a lot

you mean to say the Ryzen 3 and threadripper reveal video by DR. Lisa Su in AMD Youtube Channel? tehehe?
first thing i saw there was the Cinebench Cubes spinny de spin.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Korth
Level 14
lol I'm generally disinterested in the actual pretty/complex stuff happening onscreen with benchmarking software, only interested in the final scores and results.

I admit I have "missed" a lot of Threadripper talk over the past months, I'm learning to avoid getting sucked into the inevitable hype over new tech, learning to just be patient enough to wait for hard specs and hard info. Hard lessons, hard habits, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Vlada011
Level 10
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Benchmarks Show It 45%+ Ahead Of The Skylake X Competition

OMG, 1950X Single Threaded Performance are almost as i9-7900X, just little slower.
Imagine them on same clock. Look this, and Intel i9-7900X Single Core go up to 4.5GHz that's 500MHz higher than AMD.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-benchmarks-leaked-42-faster-competition/

Damn he is good, Threadripper. And CPU, socket, locker are so attractive and simple force you to build Threadripper platform.
With these single threaded results he would be good and with 10 cores, Intel would be faster but because clock, and 1950X have 6 more cores.
I suggest people to be reserved if some results show where Intel look as much better option for games and similar things.
If AMD core is so close to Intel's core on much lower frequency than I don't know how AMD performance in games could be average, they need to be very good or excellent.
I never could imagine that AMD socket will look more powerfull and attractive than Intel Xtreme socket.
I'm really like moment on video clips when they put locker down, and tight with screw not some little hand, and locker hold Threadripper tight and perfectly only is exposed huge surface and wait thermal paste,... Great moments.
This is for now best CPU socket and best locker mechanism.