CPU Cooler: Deepcool Assassin 2 air cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F
CPU: Intel i-7 7700k
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe NVMe M.2
PSU: EVGA 750 G3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz

Greetings everyone,

I've recently put my system together and everything seems to run great. I have a few questions about RAM speeds on the Asus Z270F ROG Strix BIOS:

Here is a screenshot of the Asus Z270F ROG Strix BIOS. I got it from a website so this is not my system but he's running the same motherboard, CPU and RAM frequency/speed:

http://imgur.com/a/uDEot

In the BIOS I enabled XMP under the AI Tweaker section and through AI Overclock Tuner, and that changed the speeds of my RAM to 3000mhz. In the advance screen section of the BIOS under Main and AI Tweaker, it shows that my RAM frequency/speed is at 3000mhz. Now I go back to the first screen in EZ Mode, and under "DRAM Status" it is showing my RAM freq/speed at 2133mhz.

1a. Is this normal? I looked at a couple screenshots online and it seems like in EZ Mode, it always shows 2133mhz under DRAM Status in the Z270 Strix BIOS.

1b. Is the RAM running at 3000mhz even though it shows otherwise in the EZ Mode menu? Under main and AI Tweaker it shows the RAM is running at 3000mhz.

1c. I previously had a Asus Z270 Prime A Motherboard and I think (Not 100% sure as I forgot lol) it showed 3000mhz under DRAM Status in the EZ Mode screen as well as under the Main and AI Tweaker screen. I assume both motherboards use similar BIOS? Why the difference then?

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks all
2 REPLIES 2

Planetgazer11
Level 7
Does anyone know if this is normal for this motherboard?

I have a couple more days to RMA if I need to. So any help would be greatly appreciated! ^^