cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Case suggestion?

Retired
Not applicable
I just got this board and the X6 Phenom Black Edition, however I am still not able to use it cause none of my existing cases work with it.

Can someone suggest or know of computer cases that will fit in and still have plenty of room? The largest case I had was an Antec Sonata and even that was too small inside. The board says it's ATX and the cases definitely fit ATX mobos but this was just a bit too big. I don't need a PS for now, the Sonata came with a 500W Earthwatt PS which i will re-use.

I plan on using a 4 500GB array so I need at least 4 3.5" internal bays.

Thanks,

Harvey
12 REPLIES 12

ottoyu34
Level 9
Have you looked into the Corsair 600T, Sliverstone FT-01

Retired
Not applicable
Recently bought a Storm Scout for my Crosshair IV build. I don't know if this matters to you, but the color scheme is perfect. Black interior with red LEDs. Wire management was great, room was plenty, and there's a 5 HDD cage. I was planning on going with something a bit nicer, but I got it through a newegg deal for $45, which I just could not pass up.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Corsair 600T, Fractal design R3XL. Both are awesome case at nice price. If you want something with more look maybe try the NZXT Phantom.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Kaboom
Level 8
I absolutely loooove the Antec DF-85, and they also have a mid-tower version of it too. (Can't remember the name.) It looks like a beast that will eat you up >:O

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, all.

I purchased the LIAN LI ARMORSUIT PC-P50R Red Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. It fits the MB very well and was a very easy fit until the memory and the Zalman CPU cooler I purchased. I have a X6 Phenom Black Edition, Corsair 1200W PSU, Crossfired 6870 graphic cards and 16 GB of ram (quad channel), two HDDs and a LG Blu-Ray RW drive. This case is great due to the many fans and the fact that even at full loads I have never gone over 120 degrees on the CPU or graphics cards.

I put all this in the case and it could hold much more!! I only used two of the HDD bays and one full size bay. You can even put in another HDD bay if you need to. The case is light, and has all the pluses you need for a good looking and well thought out build.

One tip, the X6 Phenom Black Edition gets very hot overclocked in some settings. If you do not get a Zalmans CNPS10X Extreme you will pay the price by heat on the CPU. The AMD cooling heatsink is just not enough if you are overclocking or even planning to do it. Also get Arctic cooling MX-2 thermal compound, it is the easiest to use and non-conductive. If you do get this, you may have to do what I did and cut off a small piece of plastic on the CNPS10X to make it fit with the memory. Even though this is a monster Heatsink and cooling tower for the CPU, it all fit in the case I purchased.

Have fun otherwise life isn't worth it.

RoG1
Level 7
i've got the BitFenix Colossus Case big tower & it also gose well together 🙂 & just enough space!

Retired
Not applicable
I just got this motherboard and at the same time I got the Antec Lanboy Air (Blue) The board fits in this system well and the case is amazing for cooling!!! The case is fully modular and the hdd's are suspended instead of being in Bays!! So no issues with Vibration!!! Highly recommend!!

Zyphrius wrote:
I just got this motherboard and at the same time I got the Antec Lanboy Air (Blue) The board fits in this system well and the case is amazing for cooling!!! The case is fully modular and the hdd's are suspended instead of being in Bays!! So no issues with Vibration!!! Highly recommend!!

How is the Cable management options in the LANBOY I looked at that case but was concerned that there was not going to be anywhere to hide all the cables.
Current Build:
Lian Li Full Tower Moded
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
ASUS Crosshair iv Extreme
CoolerMaster V6 CPU cooler
16GB Gskill Ripsaws F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL
ASUS GTX 570
850W CoolerMaster PSU

Retired
Not applicable
I have the lanboy air red edition. The crosshair IV Extreme is a very tight fit. Cable management is difficult but not impossible if you are creative. some of the 3.5' bays are blocking the MB from going all the way in, it makes the mb tray stick out about 1/16" from the back, so you get a little bulge but it doesn't bother me. Also the MB tray partially blocks the CPU HS mounting bracket, so it was a PITA to install my TT Frio.

So it will fit, but its very tight! Its very difficult to work with also. If you dont love the case as much as I do, it will probably end up being more frustration than its worth. I love the design and looks of the case so the nuances are acceptable to me