Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Not much else I can think of to test. Depends now if the QT team has a similar card that they can replicate with. If not, this may take some time or may be difficult to get patched.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Not much else I can think of to test. Depends now if the QT team has a similar card that they can replicate with. If not, this may take some time or may be difficult to get patched.
    Well, the card can be bought from Amazon and returned within a month once you have replicated the issue

Just kidding, but seriously, I could send my USB card to you guys if that helps to accelerate the solution. Right now this PCI Express slot is completely unusable and I need it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo_ View Post

Just kidding, but seriously, I could send my USB card to you guys if that helps to accelerate the solution. Right now this PCI Express slot is completely unusable and I need it badly.

I wouldn't advise shipping it all the way to Taiwan and then back again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I wouldn't advise shipping it all the way to Taiwan and then back again.
    Then let's hope they can replicate it somehow, if not with the same card maybe it happens with others. By the way, if you get some news about their progress, it would be great if you could post here about it. I know you are very busy, but I would appreciate it. Thanks!

It's in the system, so will have to see what the team says. Like I said, this may take a while to get a response for.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo_ View Post
    TL;DR: PCI Express USB card does not work on bottom PCI Express slot (rated at Gen3 4x on the manual). It works on secondary PCI Express slot [...]
    Welcome to my world. I have a NIC with the same issue. When is this going to get fixed, Asus. Getting a bit tired of this charade....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Not sure what happened yesterday, but I noticed that 1 of the 4 Renesas USB controllers on the card was working under Device Manager, and it had been correctly identified as Renesas instead of generic. I plugged a USB device in each of the ports of the card until I heared the Windows sound of a plugged device, so I identified the working port and the USB device worked fine. Unfortunatelly, when I rebooted the computer, the controller stopped working and I have returned to the initial situation. However, this port is now permanently named "Renesas" instead of "Generic", although it still has an error with code 10.

I'll keep reporting if I find anything new about it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Although I wasn't expecting it, I just wanted to confirm that the issue is not fixed with 9920 beta BIOS. I hope the Asus engineers can make it happen soon in a future beta.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If it's helpful to Asus... I tried a PCI Express x1 USB card from Innatek (single USB controller) in that slot ant it works fine. Apparently the problem happens when the card is 4x, like the Renesas wich has 4 USB controllers.

The replication request stipulates the need for the same card.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast