Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

New beta BIOS 1501 includes this fix:

* Fixes PCIEX4 Bandwidth setting getting lost after power is removed

Does it have something to do with my problem with PCI Express x4 cards? I'm not at home today so I can't try the new BIOS until tomorrow.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

It's been a while since I tried to make work the USB card on the PCIEX4_3 slot. A few new BIOS have been released, so I decided to upgrade my Windows 10 to the Fall Creators Update and completely format my computer. I flased to 1701 BIOS and reinstalled the USB card. After formatting the disk and booting into Windows, the problem remains and the card can't be initialized.

I knew this problem could take quite a while to be fixed, so I would like to know the status of it. Basically, I have a motherboard with a non-funtional PCI Express slot, and I need that slot. I know there are other issues related to memory, BIOS, AGESA and so on, but come on... I'm not asking for automatic extreme overlocks and low latencies that work automagically by pressing a button... I just want a PCI Express slot that works as announced.

Anyone from Asus please... this issue is it's extremely frustrating, any news about it? Thanks

It would be fantastic to get any feedback of the status of this issue.

ROG Member Array jotakinhan PC Specs
    jotakinhan PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Lenovo Z50-75
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair 6 Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14-8GFX
    Graphics Card #1MSI Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid
    MonitorSamsung U28E590D
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 6TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseThermaltake Armor+
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 750x
    Keyboard Prodige Radiance
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Gelid Speed Touch 6 Fan controller
    Accessory #2 Akasa Interconnect EX (problem with disconnecting)

Same issue

I have exactly same issue with my CH6. I bought a Renesas USB 3.0 card with front panel header because my USB 3.0 front panel randomly disconnected when plugged in motherboard USB 3.0 header. Other (PCIE x1) devices work in chipset-controlled slots, but the USB card does not. Very frustrating, i can not use my front panel at all. Have you anything connected to MB USB 3.0 header? (just interested because i could get 2-port USB 3.0 front panel working on it but not 4-port.)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by jotakinhan View Post
    Have you anything connected to MB USB 3.0 header? (just interested because i could get 2-port USB 3.0 front panel working on it but not 4-port.)
    It's connected to my case's front USB panel, sometimes I plug devices like pendrives and external drives, no problems so far.

jotakinhan PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700x
    MonitorSamsung U28E590D
    CaseThermaltake Armor+
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo_ View Post
    It's connected to my case's front USB panel, sometimes I plug devices like pendrives and external drives, no problems so far.
    Sorry for derailing thread a little, but how many USB 3.0 ports does your front panel have? Is there anything else integrated in your front panel and connected via USB 3.0 front panel header (like SD-Card reader)?

As for the Renesas USB card problem, there seem to be also other PCIE cards that plain refuse to work on X370. Thread about a capture card, it was said by the manufacturer that it cannot be made to work with X370: https://community.amd.com/thread/213606

Sorry for derailing thread a little, but how many USB 3.0 ports does your front panel have? Is there anything else integrated in your front panel and connected via USB 3.0 front panel header (like SD-Card reader)?
    My case has just 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the front panel.

As for the Renesas USB card problem, there seem to be also other PCIE cards that plain refuse to work on X370. Thread about a capture card, it was said by the manufacturer that it cannot be made to work with X370: https://community.amd.com/thread/213606
    Interesting... apparently they have problems with x1 cards too, but I don't have that problem. I tried a Inatek x1 card on different x1 slots and it worked fine in all of them, I only have problems with x4 card, which works fine on x16 slot (making my graphics card run at x8) but fails on x4 slot.

jotakinhan PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700x
    MonitorSamsung U28E590D
    CaseThermaltake Armor+
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Juanlo View Post
    Interesting... apparently they have problems with x1 cards too, but I don't have that problem. I tried a Inatek x1 card on different x1 slots and it worked fine in all of them, I only have problems with x4 card, which works fine on x16 slot (making my graphics card run at x8) but fails on x4 slot.
    I have exactly same situation, 1x PCIE wireless adapter works, but 4x USB card does not. I have noticed all similar USB 3 card problem threads i have found tell about Renesas cards, for example these ones: http://www.overclock.net/t/1631583/c...slot-functions and: https://hardforum.com/threads/crossh...slots.1936089/. I am thinking about ordering similar USB 3 card but with another controller than Renesas and trying it.

jotakinhan PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 1700x
    MonitorSamsung U28E590D
    CaseThermaltake Armor+
    OS Windows 10 x64

Issue seems also be affecting Threadripper: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...older-question. Some people have suggested that windows 10 might cause the error, so i tried Ubuntu, but could not get USB card not working in Linux either. I bought this USB card, since it seems not to be a Renesas: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Ports-PCI...72.m2749.l2649. I will report back if it works or not.

From the Threadripper thread:

Lol again magically one of the Renesas USB controllers came to life when I had issues with Graphics card, NVidia newest drivers signal 4:2:2 screwed up TV hdmi input (turned colors to red/orange on all devices connected to that hdmi) had to reset TV to get back to normal. And after nights shutdown the USB controlled stopped working again.
    This happened to me too, 1 of the 4 USB controllers on the Renesas card worked just once after several reboots, and I plugged a USB device on it and it worked. But after another reboot it just went away.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast