Did you mean: 

Crosshair formula-z only boots with MemOK! need help

percy2k03
Level 7
The BUILD
Crosshair v formula-z
AMD FX 9590
G-Skill-Trident X*
AMD Friepro s10000 x1 (though a second will be added)
Corsair HX 1000w modular PSU

I have just build this rig and I am having trouble setting it up to boot, while it has posted using the Go button on the board, and windows 8.1 has been installed every time it restarts it ends up back at 0d error and the Dram light on the motherboard comes on. i have tried using the XMP to set the ram up and yet still nothing. I'm sure this is something really simple and user error more than hardware failure, The Bios has been flashed to the latest version, so if anyone could help me with setting up this board as I am now at a loss. *
41 REPLIES 41

haihane
Level 13
can you please tell me the model number of your Gskill's Trident X ?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

The number is F3-2400C10D-16GTX*

percy2k03 wrote:
The number is F3-2400C10D-16GTX*

LOL. we have exactly the same RAM sticks. hold on while i get some screenshots on my ram stick settings from bios.

amazing thank you!

haihane
Level 13
OK.
first things first, i need you to reset to defaults for your bios. <- this is to make sure we both start from a common bios defaults. (you're not running any RAID right?)
save and restart. <- this will boot your system with no overclock applied. hopefully. the more i read your original post, the more it seems that the system has troubles with the RAM sticks.

follow da pic below:
Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Save and exit, and cross your fingers.

Thanks for that but no it did not work, its rather random if it boots or not i keep getting od error or AE I'm thinking it may be due to the motherboard not getting enough power for the 9590, I don't have the 4pin EATX 12v cable connected as I the PSU did not come one with one, do you think this could be the issue for randomly posting. when I used Rog connect, it gives the 0d message but on my laptop it says initial USB, When I get the AE/AA error it ways boot successful.*

haihane
Level 13
Try plugging in that 4 pin molex to the motherboard. I have mine plugged in.
Weird that your psu didn't come with 4 pin molex. There's a sata to molex converter you can buy on computer stores.

Eleiyas
Level 10
I was always under the impression that 0D error was CPU fault.

Like you've just said, it could be that your processor is not getting enough juice from the PSU. I definitely know that the FX-9XXX series are power hungry beasts, hence why I personally went for an FX-8370 when I upgraded.

Well i just tried my little brothers Nvidia 970, and oh it boots up every time with out fail even with my memory using XMP, so now I'm kicking myself as I'm sure this is a power issue now, something I convinced myself it was not right at the start of the build. If the extra Eatx cable does not work then,
I guess the 1000w PSU is far too small. but since when i use Memok! I can boot does anyone know where i can find a full list of settings to see what gets disabled so I'm able to make a working bios even if its limited. so then I can slowly Items back just incase it is not power related.