cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get parts in the US

eight-bit
Level 7
Last night my GL502VS-DB71 blew out it's right speaker. I can only find replacement parts in Europe.
Anyone have any advice on where to order OEM ASUS spares in the US?

Before anyone says to just RMA it, I am very unwilling to be without my laptop for weeks just to fix something that will take 10 minutes(same 10 screws you would remove to upgrade the memory, and 2 clips on each speaker) and most likely less than $20 in parts ($50 if I order from Europe including international shipping and VAT).

Saw someone here asking for a display part #, so hopeful that someone knows where to look.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
I find ebay is the best place to find used parts and legacy items, even current items that are unavailable. At least IMO in my own personal experience. Have you tried there by any chance? Sometimes you have to get clever with your search terms though, is the only drawback.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I find ebay is the best place to find used parts and legacy items, even current items that are unavailable. At least IMO in my own personal experience. Have you tried there by any chance? Sometimes you have to get clever with your search terms though, is the only drawback.

I have indeed, nothing anywhere in the country that I could find. I did however find a different set of speakers on eBay, I'm guessing from an older generation GL502 (appears to be the GL502VT part #). The speaker pods themselves look identical (shape, alignment post locations, etc), as does the wiring, but the drivers are smaller. They were only $10, so I figured even if they were quieter due to the smaller speaker size, it would be enough to get me through until I can get my hands on the appropriate part.