cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Groups on this board lame, or just underused?

davemon50
Level 11
There's only one group that has a recent post on this forum, and that is the VW lovers group? (I'm a Chevy man, so I'm rolling my eyes at the VW thingee, :rolleyes: ). It looks like in 2014 that groups seemed to be a big thing on this board, but then died out. What gives? I would've thought there would've been some active groups around certain games or certain hardware. I'd start one myself, except I'm lame too and can't think of a good topic! 😄
Davemon50
15 REPLIES 15

Korth
Level 14
Groups are buried out of sight somewhere deep within the Profile pages. No quick links or shortcuts. I'm guessing most people just don't know Group options even exist.

A lot of people come to this forum to brag and show off their ROG, or to solicit opinions about upcoming ROG, or to get spoonfed answers to ROG troubleshooting/configuration/overclocking questions they're too impatient to figure out themselves. Or to complain, perhaps even rant against evil greedy ASUS with venom and vehemence.
But once they're done they tend to disappear, mission accomplished. They never even bother to click onto their profile pages, let alone navigate through subpages towards Groups.
And no time for idle chitchat, anyways, so no time for Groups.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

davemon50
Level 11
Yeah probably would be much more activity if GROUPS was a direct link at the top, one of either the white or the red dropdown menus, and showed up all the time at the top of the page.
Davemon50

Korth
Level 14
Perhaps listing the Group chat threads in a main-page subforum would help. Chevy lovers might suddenly discover a whole group of like-minded Chevy lovers they can join (while also rolling their eyes at the VW thingee), all without having to stumble upon the groups accidentally while digging at random.
I'm guessing you need to join a Group to participate in Group threads, lol, but I'm sure Group thread-creators could decide if they want "private" or "public" sorts of discussions.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

davemon50
Level 11
OK so I created a NEW GROUP just for the fun of it. It may not get any posts or participation, lol, but it's out there! You get to groups by clicking on "Settings & Functions > Groups".
Davemon50

Korth
Level 14
Joined your group, lol.

[/Korth]

davemon50
Level 11
...well after a month, that makes two of us ! 😄

SHAMELESS AD:
Gun Enthusiasts Who Also Love Computer Gaming

Maybe we should just chat, lol. So much for the fancy board features here.
Davemon50

xeromist
Maybe you two are the only ones. 😉 I personally haven't fired a gun in many years. It would have been shooting cans on a friend's property in my early teens I guess.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Maybe you two are the only ones. 😉 I personally haven't fired a gun in many years. It would have been shooting cans on a friend's property in my early teens I guess.

Haha, yeah you might just be right. I woulda thought that would be a decent group setting, given an estimated 155 million PC gamers and 55 million gun owners in the good ole USA alone. I share the groups are hidden theory with Korth tho. :cool:
Davemon50

xeromist wrote:

You could also try to get a "used" Dodge from Charlottesville and try to hit something with that one. :rolleyes: