cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA next bios ?

jbasemoine
Level 9
Hi there,

DOes anyone have any ETA for when the next bios will be out ?
14 REPLIES 14

sadaharu
Level 7
jbasemoine wrote:
Hi there,

DOes anyone have any ETA for when the next bios will be out ?

dont expect anything in 2-3 months from now on. maybe 1-2 another buggy beta versions. download the latest beta. they will release the same thing without change anything over it as an official.

btw, asus needs updates from amd like agesa 1.1.0.6 etc. (i dont believe that too, anyway there are tons of other problems with this mobo).

so they can work on it and a few years sorry 🙂 a few months later maybe but maybe we can get our proper bios update finally. ( i already give up )

sadaharu wrote:
dont expect anything in 2-3 months from now on. maybe 1-2 another buggy beta versions. download the latest beta. they will release the same thing without change anything over it as an official.

btw, asus needs updates from amd like agesa 1.1.0.6 etc. (i dont believe that too, anyway there are tons of other problems with this mobo).

so they can work on it and a few years sorry 🙂 a few months later maybe but maybe we can get our proper bios update finally. ( i already give up )

microcode is provided by AMD, it's the same for all vendors. you dont have to believe, but it's a fact that AGESA update is provided by AMD.
Now that the adoption is kinda slow and still some buggy problem here and there.
Best way you can do is report bugs and provide them with your hardware / BIOS set up so that it can be fixed.

and regarding to lastest beta to be released without changing anything ...
like I said, if you encounter an issue, bring it up and report the bug.
if you dont report, of course there are no way for them to know about issues and assumed it works fine.
And .. what is there to change IF nothing is wrong?

It's like go into restaurant, order a food, but you dont telling them why it taste terribly.
Sure you dont have to go to the same restaurant again, but you are not helping by not pointing out why it's not good.
I hate when I read tons of review of 1 stars like that, no indication why it is bad, or complete irrelevant comment.

as far as for the next bios/beta bios, I keep my eye on other thread
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

andyliu wrote:
microcode is provided by AMD, it's the same for all vendors. you dont have to believe, but it's a fact that AGESA update is provided by AMD.
Now that the adoption is kinda slow and still some buggy problem here and there.
Best way you can do is report bugs and provide them with your hardware / BIOS set up so that it can be fixed.

and regarding to lastest beta to be released without changing anything ...
like I said, if you encounter an issue, bring it up and report the bug.
if you dont report, of course there are no way for them to know about issues and assumed it works fine.
And .. what is there to change IF nothing is wrong?

It's like go into restaurant, order a food, but you dont telling them why it taste terribly.
Sure you dont have to go to the same restaurant again, but you are not helping by not pointing out why it's not good.
I hate when I read tons of review of 1 stars like that, no indication why it is bad, or complete irrelevant comment.

as far as for the next bios/beta bios, I keep my eye on other thread
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

its not the thing that i dont believe.

what i dont belive is ASUS using amd microcode updates as an excuse for being late. of course they need to wait other micro but there are tons of other problems.

aura - ram comp. - cold boot issues - pump fan problems - etc. dont know which ones are related to microcode but im sure there are some bugs they can solve if they want.

and my ram slots are not working. i returned my board. waiting other to come. how can i help or report my problems ?

sadaharu wrote:
its not the thing that i dont believe.

what i dont belive is ASUS using amd microcode updates as an excuse for being late. of course they need to wait other micro but there are tons of other problems.

aura - ram comp. - cold boot issues - pump fan problems - etc. dont know which ones are related to microcode but im sure there are some bugs they can solve if they want.

and my ram slots are not working. i returned my board. waiting other to come. how can i help or report my problems ?

I do agree on the update seems to be rather slow consider C6H being the premium board.
But I can also understand the delay until new microcode release.
You just dont know what can be broken when new code being introduced
I prefer something not buggy.
Since I can't really participate and test out beta BIOS on my working PC, I can only file bug report when I get my hand on official BIOS.
The way you phrase it sounded like you been participating with BETA BIOS but the problem were never solved.

but anyway, here are my experiences on some issue that you had:
Aura - i thoguht it's been fixed? I personally dont bother with it as RGB is just gimmick for me, so I have no idea
but there is https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94418-Aura-firmware-reflash-recovery-tool
to help whatever causing RGB issue.

RAM, well I got flare x ram. My personal story is 2 1700X and 2 C6H, only 1 1700X will run flare x ram @ rated speed after mix match with 2 C6H.
That's before the AGESA 1.0.0.4 update, and I return the not working set. I think it's more of a memory controller issue within the CPU than the motherboard.
Since then, I am just patiently waiting for better AGESA update to further tune my memory.

cold boot issue, well to avoid that, I run CPU on default now to avoid that issue. I do still getting it here and there, like every 5-6 boot or something.
also have some weird funky cold boot / reboot issue myself, but not bother dealing with it during work day so default it is for me till I have more time to play with it and report the issue.

pump fan issue, well i dont have that issue, sounds more like faulty hardware.
ram slot ... well again not having issue, sounds like faulty hardware.

It is unfortunate that you have so many problem with the C6H board, and have to wait for replacement.
I would be upset too if I was in your shoes
good luck on your new board

I think we will be luck to get one more official BIOS. With the Crosshair VI Extreme announced, that basically means Asus will be lucky to bother with this board any longer so they can focus on the new revision.
Syaoran

Asus Primse x370 boards have BIOS or Beta BIOS with AGESA 1006a in it, so i'd imagine it won't be long before c6h gets it

It seems that the release of bios slowed down.
I hope to see new bios soon.

Syaoran wrote:
I think we will be luck to get one more official BIOS. With the Crosshair VI Extreme announced, that basically means Asus will be lucky to bother with this board any longer so they can focus on the new revision.

Yeah i'm affraid that they are going to abandon this board :S
Altough in my experience they have provided bios updates for boards that where well dated and saw multiple revisions, i had one of the first revisions and 3 a 4 revisions later i still recieved about 4 bios updates.
So we will see how it will turn out with this board, if they abandon this board i will be looking at other brands in the future, so far i have had nothing but premium service/experiance with Asus top of the line Mobo's so i more then optimistisch this board will get the attention it deserves, and reading some forum of other brands i have noticed they are not doing any better, most of them seem to have the isseu's if not worst.

jbasemoine wrote:
Yeah i'm affraid that they are going to abandon this board :S
Altough in my experience they have provided bios updates for boards that where well dated and saw multiple revisions, i had one of the first revisions and 3 a 4 revisions later i still recieved about 4 bios updates.
So we will see how it will turn out with this board, if they abandon this board i will be looking at other brands in the future, so far i have had nothing but premium service/experiance with Asus top of the line Mobo's so i more then optimistisch this board will get the attention it deserves, and reading some forum of other brands i have noticed they are not doing any better, most of them seem to have the isseu's if not worst.

This is the first Asus board I have used in a long time! A board I had RMA'd 4 times that was a revision 1 where a revision 2 was released a month or so after I had purchased it which had solved all of the issues. Asus would not replace the revision 1 board with the newer revision. The only reason I decided to give Asus a try once again is because of the power phase on this board. Most other boards, like on the MSI Pro Carbon, have gone a little cheap in this area. Asus has already dropped DTS for this board which devalues it in my opinion. A lot of the issues with this board seem to be related to the BIOS. A poster mentioned above that the AIO header is more than likely hardware but it's not. I have had this issue along with others and managed resolve it, at least I hope so. I haven't had my AIO stop or slow down in over a week now. Support for this board already is disappointing and with a newer revision, I doubt that will get better. I do hope I am wrong though. If not, Gigabyte has some nice offerings and their AGESA roll outs are almost a month faster than Asus.
Syaoran