cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V temperatures problem

KOles
Level 7
Hello!
I am owner of G75V. From one day to next my notebook started to has problems with... actually I do not know with what and I hope you guys could help me localizing source of problem.

When my CPU or GPU hit 80 degrees my drivers are reseting themselves and all programs are closing. I already did system recovery, removed all Nvidia drivers and let system install default ones, at last I used chkdsk /r but problem still is. Also my fans for a last few months never run at full power despite what temperature of core or gpu was. Now I have my G75 fully disassembled.

Is simply change of thermal paste will help in lowering temperature enough to deal with problem, or should I also replace fans? Or maybe there is other source?
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Since you have it all apart anyway why not put in new fans. Of course you have cleaned out all the dust and crud build up. a good clean out may have been all you needed so a repaste should be good Idea
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for reply and advice. For fans I will have to wait few days so I will try only with changing paste for now.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I'd reflash your BIOS then try reinstall windows after you repaste.

I replaced paste and everything were good for a while. Temperature was 70 degrees at maximum while playing Overwatch or GTA 5 but at desktop laptop was slower and had little freezes. Few days later problems with NVidia driver came back but this time driver was stopping while 3-4 or more tabs at browser were open(I'm using Opera). From yesterday driver don't back to normal and I have to restart... I don't know what is the problem with this laptop... any ideas? Is this reflash will help for it?

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
KOles wrote:
I replaced paste and everything were good for a while. Temperature was 70 degrees at maximum while playing Overwatch or GTA 5 but at desktop laptop was slower and had little freezes. Few days later problems with NVidia driver came back but this time driver was stopping while 3-4 or more tabs at browser were open(I'm using Opera). From yesterday driver don't back to normal and I have to restart... I don't know what is the problem with this laptop... any ideas? Is this reflash will help for it?

We may recommend that you restore the system. If it was still no work , we would like to suggest you to bring back your NB to our service center.

The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#