Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

have the same issue with gl702-vm. Last summer it was driving me crazy and I opened the laptop, cleaned everything, replugged fans and it stopped doing it. Until this month that is. Asus is just awful with QA really. me_cleaner seems rather risky and it might not even have been fixed with this. It can happen again later like it happened to mine.

I assume you got the original firmware with external programmer? It won't be risky that way but I have no means to extract the chip myself.
    Last edited by Kaan88; 01-16-2018 at 09:41 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kaan88 View Post
    have the same issue with gl702-vm. Last summer it was driving me crazy and I opened the laptop, cleaned everything, replugged fans and it stopped doing it. Until this month that is. Asus is just awful with QA really. me_cleaner seems rather risky and it might not even have been fixed with this. It can happen again later like it happened to mine.

I assume you got the original firmware with external programmer? It won't be risky that way but I have no means to extract the chip myself.
    Yeah I got the original firmware with an external programmer (I used a rasperry to do the job https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sakaki%...agement_Engine).
    Nothing risky really, you just extract the original firmware , keep a copy and flash a version updated by me_cleaner. If something goes wrong, you just flash back the original firmware (as I did because me_cleaner didn't work in my case).

I have flashed back the firmware in 2 occasions, and for now everything is working just fine.
    I have also a dedicated microsd with all the software ready to reflash the firmware, if the fans started to being loud again I can solve the issue in less than 15 minutes.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the reply. So I don't even have to desolder. This is great.

I have the same problem with my gl502vt.Fans starts to spin at max for no reason.I have found out that if you run a heavy application (gta 5 in my case) for a while and let the laptop heat up naturally up to like 75c and after closing the app the fan speeds will become normal.it's PITA but works for me

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CJVOISINE View Post
    I have the same problem with my gl502vt.Fans starts to spin at max for no reason.I have found out that if you run a heavy application (gta 5 in my case) for a while and let the laptop heat up naturally up to like 75c and after closing the app the fan speeds will become normal.it's PITA but works for me
    This thing is like a mutant virus, no matter what you do, sooner or later you'd hear that awful sound that wrecks my nerves.
    Not long ago I bought an expensive washing machine (I had bought only cheap ones in the past), but this time I wanted something durable and with more features. After just one year it died and the technician that came to my house for the repair told me that no matter how much you spend, all the stuff he repaired looks like the same crap. Same thing happens with computers, what the hell are we doing acquiring expensive stuff when we could buy something as bad for half the price?

After 2 terrible and expensive computers in a row (nearly 4 years of sorrow), I've decided to buy the ****tiest Acer that I could find for not even half the price.
    If it stinks, at least I could say that I have spent next to nothing for that crap.
    Last edited by Venumz; 02-22-2018 at 01:08 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

After some time without the issue, it came back. I can't imagine this isn't a firmware issue of sorts... Sometimes the fan speed shown in CPUID HWMonitor is 25500. Is this application just bad or is it some other issue?

My machine is a GL502VS. It's great, I love it. But this FAN issue is just ridiculous... Makes me think that I should consider a different brand for my next machine, despite buying Asus laptops since 2004...

Is this issue even under consideration for a fix from Asus? Some help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Nospheratus; 02-27-2018 at 10:59 PM.

I was playing around and I think i have found the solution. Just uninstall Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework in the Program and Features. My fans slowed down right after the un installation. My laptop is GL502VT

Well it came back after the new windows update. Fans started to scream again. Go to the Power Options - Create a Power Plan make a High Performance plan and apply it. After two weeks still no fan issues for me.

ROG Junior Member Array

My labtop got the same problem,it costs me a lot of headache,and i goto ASUS maintenance center four times,first time they reinstall the os system,after one week,the problem come back again,and other three times ,they changed motherboard for me ,but it's fixed, now my laptop is out of warranty, the cpu fan is too nosiy,can anyone help me ?

ROG Junior Member Array

Seems like the crazy fan has calmed down recently. There was a big windows update a few days ago - I wonder if it is related.
    I noticed the fan acting a bit more normal for a couple days or so, that is, it didn't go full speed while doing nothing.
    In addition, I can no longer see the fan speed in CPUID HWMonitor - I'm sure it's related!

Will post again if the crazyness returns...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3