cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked board - no RMA - no Support - no Service

dmucya
Level 7
Hello. I ordered my CROSSHAIR VI HERO from Poland. By myself I live in Odessa, Ukraine.
Motherboard came, parcel was in ideal state.

At the unpacking and visual inspection I noticed that some component was slightly tilted, but I didn't attach any serious significance to this situation.
I builded a PC and at the first boot I got Q-code 8, no diagnostic diodes was on. Never could get to the POST.
So I went to Google and to thematic forums in search of a solution for this problem. For two days I tried to fix this, I flashed BIOS'es (flashback), CMOS'ed, booted the system with different hardware configurations and tried a dozen more possible fixes. Always Q-code 8 and no POST.
I was told at the forum that people had a similar problem (Q-code 8), and the reason for this was poorly soldered DRAM choke. I went to look at that slightly tilted component(that i mentioned before) and saw that it (the choke) is not just tilted, but also has no contact with the motherboard, simply not soldered.
Manufacturing defect here, which is reported by hundreds of people.

As a result I went to my local(Ukrainian) Asus support page, and asked them to open RMA case and provide me "Pick-Up and Return (PUR) service" for my "ROG series Motherboard".
They refused to help me with my bricked board.

I bought a "Premium class" motherboard to have good service which is included in the price of motherboard.
Can You help me please?
10 REPLIES 10

haihane
Level 13
What reason did they give when they refused to help you ?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
What reason did they give when they refused to help you ?

I'm quoting here their response: "Unfortunately, but for such a device as a motherboard, only a local warranty is being covered and it goes through warranty service in the region for which it was shipped, in this case it is Poland."

dmucya wrote:
I'm quoting here their response: "Unfortunately, but for such a device as a motherboard, only a local warranty is being covered and it goes through, warranty service in the region for which it was shipped, in this case it is Poland."

I don't understand what they're talking about. Here's my thought process when reading the above:
Unfortunately blah blah because it's a motherboard, only local warranty applies. (Yeah so? You going to fix my board or not?! )
And it goes through (so, what does that mean? I get da local warranty? Good! )
What Poland what service region what shipped ( do I even care? Fix my board! You guys sent me this piece of **** whose component almost got ripped out of its socket )

(Take responsibility, or else!)

Or I must be getting worse in English comprehension.

Psst. OP, you should message bahz <- this guy.
He might be able to help.

haihane wrote:
I don't understand what they're talking about. Here's my thought process when reading the above:
Unfortunately blah blah because it's a motherboard, only local warranty applies. (Yeah so? You going to fix my board or not?! )
And it goes through (so, what does that mean? I get da local warranty? Good! )
What Poland what service region what shipped ( do I even care? Fix my board! You guys sent me this piece of **** whose component almost got ripped out of its socket )

(Take responsibility, or else!)

Or I must be getting worse in English comprehension.

Psst. OP, you should message bahz <- this guy.
He might be able to help.

You are 100% correct in your English comprehension. They just trying to avoid responsibility to not repair any kind of devices..
Thanks You for a reply, will message bahz now.

haihane
Level 13
AH i get it now. they saying you bought your motherboard at Poland, you should go back there and claim the warranty.
and saying a polite form of: "it's not our problem at ASUS Ukraine loloolol"

not sure how i feel about this 😕

edit: oh shoot. i wasn't supposed to reply here. please delete my post.

haihane wrote:
AH i get it now. they saying you bought your motherboard at Poland, you should go back there and claim the warranty.
and saying a polite form of: "it's not our problem at ASUS Ukraine loloolol"

not sure how i feel about this 😕

edit: oh shoot. i wasn't supposed to reply here. please delete my post.

Exactly.
BTW there is nothing to be sorry about. It's a truth and state of affairs at ASUS Ukraine..

I feel scammed right now.

xeromist
Thread trimmed. Unfortunately as haihane noted this isn't an open discussion area. It is for the customer and ASUS staff only. ASUS staff will respond to you directly dmucya.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks Xero for trimming down the thread.

Sorry to hear about the situation, but better for me to find out both sides of the story as it's quite strange how they straight up rejected you for RMA on a defective board.

Please PM me with the following information:
S/N:
Case ID# (if you made contact by email):
Name:
Email:
Contact #:

Thanks.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks Xero for trimming down the thread.

Sorry to hear about the situation, but better for me to find out both sides of the story as it's quite strange how they straight up rejected you for RMA on a defective board.

Please PM me with the following information:
S/N:
Case ID# (if you made contact by email):
Name:
Email:
Contact #:

Thanks.

PM'd You.
Thanks.