Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I would be interested to see if there performance difference if signal is going back to laptop screen.

Can you do that benchmark?

Also, is this Skylake or Kabylake GL502VM (i7-6700HQ or i7-7700HQ model)?
    Last edited by player1_fanatic; 09-08-2017 at 02:26 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Here is the Shadow of Mordor Benchmark, with the following pre-requisites:
    - Every setting has been set to ultra.
    - Resolution is at fullscreen with 3440x1440.

Doing a comparison to the other users that have done similar benchmarks, this benchmark sits well on the level of how a GTX 1080TI should perform.
    Hothardware.com Review of GTX 1080TI
    Trustedreviews.com review of GTX 1080TI

Other games are coming

If you guys have specific settings that you want me to conduct also reply to this post, I will try my best to your requests as long as it's within my capabilities.

If you keep testing at 3440x1440, please run the same test on BOTH gtx1080 AND gtx1060 at the same settings, so we can see performance delta.

I, and probably others, would like to know how much improvement there is over stock gtx1060.

Are you using displayport to connect to external monitor?

ROG Member Array

No problem, and thanks for the suggestions. When I am free from work I will run the benchmarks with the standard protocols you have requested.
    - Performance comparison of GTX1060 and GTX 1080TI at 1920x1080
    - MSI Afterburner FPS overlay

For the time being, I am very busy during the weekdays, and I am running these tests at my leisure, so please be patient yea?

And to answer player1_fanatic's question, my laptop is the Kabylake i7-7700HQ model.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Bran187 PC Specs
    Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    MotherboardMSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition
    Processori7 4790
    Memory (part number)16 GB GSkill DDR3
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Power SupplySeasonic 650W
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Would a GTX 1070 be enough GPU to test whether or not it is a x2 vs a x4 connection?

I recently upgraded my desktop to a 1070 and would be happy to take the plunge on an eGPU dock and provide some in depth testing results.

At the very least it would be interesting to compare to the 1070 in my desktop, as well as to the internal GTX 1060.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran187 View Post
    Would a GTX 1070 be enough GPU to test whether or not it is a x2 vs a x4 connection?

I recently upgraded my desktop to a 1070 and would be happy to take the plunge on an eGPU dock and provide some in depth testing results.

At the very least it would be interesting to compare to the 1070 in my desktop, as well as to the internal GTX 1060.
    I'd be interested to see yr results too. Just bought a GTX 1080 and weighing up a Ryzen build to put it in as my current i5-4570 is a bottleneck. My G752VT has an i7-6700HQ which scores much higher Physics in Firestrike than my desktop i5. So paired with the GTX 1080 in an eGPU it should work well in theory and remove the bottleneck. But these eGPUs are proving a little hit and miss so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    Processori7 4790
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by BoutTime01 View Post
    I'd be interested to see yr results too. Just bought a GTX 1080 and weighing up a Ryzen build to put it in as my current i5-4570 is a bottleneck. My G752VT has an i7-6700HQ which scores much higher Physics in Firestrike than my desktop i5. So paired with the GTX 1080 in an eGPU it should work well in theory and remove the bottleneck. But these eGPUs are proving a little hit and miss so far.

Alright I guess I will do it for science. lol

I get paid on the 5th, so I will order one then (unless people persuade me otherwise before then). :P Probably an Akitio Node or that Sonnet eGFX enclosure because I don't want to break the bank. If anyone knows of any other enclosures in that same price range (250-400 USD) let me know and I'll look into them as well.

I'll start installing some games and benchmarks in the meantime. XD

Alright I guess I will do it for science. lol

I get paid on the 5th, so I will order one then (unless people persuade me otherwise before then). [emoji14] Probably an Akitio Node or that Sonnet eGFX enclosure because I don't want to break the bank. If anyone knows of any other enclosures in that same price range (250-400 USD) let me know and I'll look into them as well.

I'll start installing some games and benchmarks in the meantime. XD
    The Aorus Gaming box includes a GTX 1070 for less than $500. That is where Asus has an issue with what they are charging for their XG Station 2. I can build a Ryzen R5 1600 PC with decent spec components (minus GPU) for less than £700. Add a GPU and it's gauranteed to work. External GPU boxes need to be cheaper otherwise they are not viable.

But look forward to seeing how you get on. Cheers.

Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    Processori7 4790
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Alright guys, so assuming I get the damn thing working when I get it, what benchmarks/games would you guys like to see? Preferably games with benchmarks built in, or easy to get to 'on rails/easily repeatable sequences' to keep things consistent.

I intend on comparing it to the GTX 1070 in a desktop configuration, as well as to the internal GTX 1060 in my 502. Tests will be done at 1080p and on an external display for consistency sake. I want to get a suite of games/benchmarks lined up so I can get a jump start on testing the desktop and internal 1060 configurations.

So far I have:

Synthetics:
    Unigine Heaven
    Unigine Valley

Games:
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    Metro 2033
    The Division
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Skyrim Special Edition (The opening on rails sequence)

Alright guys, so assuming I get the damn thing working when I get it, what benchmarks/games would you guys like to see? Preferably games with benchmarks built in, or easy to get to 'on rails/easily repeatable sequences' to keep things consistent.

I intend on comparing it to the GTX 1070 in a desktop configuration, as well as to the internal GTX 1060 in my 502. Tests will be done at 1080p and on an external display for consistency sake. I want to get a suite of games/benchmarks lined up so I can get a jump start on testing the desktop and internal 1060 configurations.

So far I have:

Synthetics:
    Unigine Heaven
    Unigine Valley

Games:
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    Metro 2033
    The Division
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Skyrim Special Edition (The opening on rails sequence)
    Firestrike, Watchdogs 1, The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 1 if you have them? Thanks for your efforts. Cheers.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast