cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noctua d15 daammmnnn u....

Ocelot
Level 7
I just finished building my rig and was happy that everything fit in my case nzxt s340 elite even with both fans of the noctua nh-d15.
Then I realized in order to use both fans I have to put the ram sticks in slot 1 and 2 😞 which is not dual channel.

So my dilemma is either use the nh-d15 with 1 fan or use the wrong ram slots...is there a difference in performance or are there compatibility issues when the ram is placed wrong. I know it is suppose to be placed like said in the manual but I couldn't find any info what happens when its not placed correctly? Because everything seems to working fine...

My System:

Asus Crosshair VI Hero(AC-WIFI)
Ryzen 1700
Gskil Flare X 3200 16GB
MSI GTX 1080 ti
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb **
5 REPLIES 5

SinartNZ
Level 7
Easy fix that I've done on a few builds with this cooler is to have the fan on the ram side sit higher up on the cooler to allow for ram clearance.

SinartNZ wrote:
Easy fix that I've done on a few builds with this cooler is to have the fan on the ram side sit higher up on the cooler to allow for ram clearance.

that is unfortunately not possible because my case is only for 160mm coolers and d15 is 165mm so it was a tight fit to begin with.*
In order to fit the fans must sit very low...*

Eleiyas
Level 10
did you try posting with the ram in slots 1 and 2?

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
did you try posting with the ram in slots 1 and 2?

Yes that will work even with 2 fans BUT the order of the ram slots are 1+3 and 2+4....the second fan is blocking slot 3 and 4

Vlada011
Level 10
Use Noctua NH-D15 with single fan.
Two fan could bring lower temps but can't change nothing important.