cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M8H Q-Fan Control not working properly with 3504 BIOS

KotTHECat
Level 10
Hello guys.

Today i successfully flashed the 3504 BIOS and everything works well except for the Q-Fan Control.
It does not allow me to customize my own fan curve. For example: these are the settings i used to have on 2202 BIOS (DC mode)

But on 3504 i cant get any lower than 60% by "CPU Fan Min. Duty Cycle (%)"

and if i set it manually to lower than 60% it says

P.S. Sorry, but i dont know how to spoiler in these forums.
P.P.S. I dont want to use PWM mode.
P.P.P.S. I have 4-pin fans

I thought "Manual" means i can go where i want to (?)
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro
14 REPLIES 14

Mac5555
Level 7
Are the 3504 BIOS officially out yet? It was my understanding they were still in the verification process.

Mac5555 wrote:
Are the 3504 BIOS officially out yet? It was my understanding they were still in the verification process.

You are right, and i got it from here.
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

G75rog
Level 10
Your 4 pin fan is a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) device which allows fine grained speed control.
DC control is limited as it requires a substantial amount of voltage to just get the fan turning.
The bios is fine, you're just trying to make it work outside the design parameters.

Hey. Do not change the value in the CPU Fan Min. Duty Cycle. Mistakes should not be.
Leave what happened after the calibration

G75rog wrote:
Your 4 pin fan is a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) device which allows fine grained speed control.
DC control is limited as it requires a substantial amount of voltage to just get the fan turning.
The bios is fine, you're just trying to make it work outside the design parameters.

I have been experimenting with this bios for several days. This is the correct answer. Q-Fan stuff works perfectly as designed.

ondersma80 wrote:
I have been experimenting with this bios for several days. This is the correct answer. Q-Fan stuff works perfectly as designed.

Then what's this?

Try to set the latter to twenty on the new BIOS. What message do you get?

P.S. That's the 2202 on screenshots.

Hey, did you run the optimization before trying to adjust your fans ? You need to run that for your motherboard to figure out what values are valid.

Tenin wrote:
Hey, did you run the optimization before trying to adjust your fans ? You need to run that for your motherboard to figure out what values are valid.

Could you clarify when you say optimization? Is there a specific button or feature?

Mac5555 wrote:
Could you clarify when you say optimization? Is there a specific button or feature?

In Q-fan control, there is an optimize all button. Don't have screenshot of it, but you can see it on op's post. Click it and it runs a test of all your fans, figuring out the lowest speed they work at.