cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold BOOT BUG

iAmTheCopper
Level 7
If i leave PC off for few h my pc(bios 1403) boots in default settings not overclocked settings.
then i have to restart to bios load my settings then its fine. till next shutdown
18 REPLIES 18

Korth
Level 14
Which motherboard? And is 1403 the latest-greatest BIOS available for it?

Sounds like it's time to replace your CR2032 battery. Brand doesn't really matter, a "high-capacity" $10~$20 Duracell or Energizer CR2032 will last about 24-30 (maybe even up to 36) months, a generic no-name CR2032 (sold in 3-packs at your local Walmart or dollar store) will last about 24-30 months. This battery will die just as fast whether the computer is powered or not, the internal chemistry has a self-discharge trickle which imposes a maximum useful shelf-life before voltage drops too low to be useful.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Which motherboard? And is 1403 the latest-greatest BIOS available for it?

Sounds like it's time to replace your CR2032 battery. Brand doesn't really matter, a "high-capacity" $10~$20 Duracell or Energizer CR2032 will last about 24-30 (maybe even up to 36) months, a generic no-name CR2032 (sold in 3-packs at your local Walmart or dollar store) will last about 24-30 months. This battery will die just as fast whether the computer is powered or not, the internal chemistry has a self-discharge trickle which imposes a maximum useful shelf-life before voltage drops too low to be useful.

Its a CH6 lol 😉 yes 1403 is latest bios. Battery should be ok mobo is 1 week old. fresh new.

Ambient temp here in room is anywhere from 20-25,

PeZzy
Level 7
iAmTheCopper wrote:
If i leave PC off for few h my pc(bios 1403) boots in default settings not overclocked settings.
then i have to restart to bios load my settings then its fine. till next shutdown

Go into the CBS section of the advance settings and set the Fail_CNT to 3. Is the ambient temperature cold?

Raja
Level 13
AMD's cold BOOT memory-training-related-temp-compensation doesn't work very well, which is one of the reasons we have Sense MI Skew to offset the temps. For higher memory clocks (high for AMD, that is), it can be irksome to get things dialled in (sometimes the right value for ProcODT helps, and you might want to try dialling in the RTT values). Or, you can run the memory at a slower speed and see if the system POSTs consistently.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
AMD's cold BOOT memory-training-related-temp-compensation doesn't work very well, which is one of the reasons we have Sense MI Skew to offset the temps. For higher memory clocks (high for AMD, that is), it can be irksome to get things dialled in (sometimes the right value for ProcODT helps, and you might want to try dialling in the RTT values). Or, you can run the memory at a slower speed and see if the system POSTs consistently.

is this going to be fixed...or i have to get used to it?

Yes i do rly have OCed ram
http://imgur.com/a/1qJBL

its basicly xmp is 2400, but i upped to 2933.
Possibly is this doing reset on cold boot?

asking because if the XMP listed in your pictures = 2400 MHz, i'm assuming that's the advertised speed when you bought the ram sticks. correct me if my assumption is wrong.

and if the above assumption is correct; and you're running it to 2933. i'm impressed at both you and the ram sticks.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
asking because if the XMP listed in your pictures = 2400 MHz, i'm assuming that's the advertised speed when you bought the ram sticks. correct me if my assumption is wrong.

and if the above assumption is correct; and you're running it to 2933. i'm impressed at both you and the ram sticks.

Yes true, ram is xmp rated 2400, but i tried go above that, even stress tested ram and works fine. And if i restart pc now works fine, if i leave it off for 1h is fine too, but if i turn it off before i gp sleep and next morning will be booted in default settings.

Will test listed xmp speed on ram and will post here tomorow if the ram is problem when OCed