cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VII Formula Bios Time and Settings Keeps on Reseting:

mcvc69
Level 8
Hello everyone, I had this Maximus VII Formula for about 5 years and recently my Bios setting will reset whenever I shut down for few mins and turn the computer back on, the Bios time and date got reset to 0:00 too, normally it only happens when the Lithium Battery on the Motherboard is flat but it shouldn't happen because the Battery last so long, more than 5 years for sure, is there something wrong with my motherboard? well if I have to replace the battery I can do it but I've been searching Google, I cant find how to take off the Armor Shield , because the battery is hiding under it .....

Can anyone give any suggestions or any helps would be appreciated 🙂

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
mcvc69 wrote:
Hello everyone, I had this Maximus VII Formula for about 5 years and recently my Bios setting will reset whenever I shut down for few mins and turn the computer back on, the Bios time and date got reset to 0:00 too, normally it only happens when the Lithium Battery on the Motherboard is flat but it shouldn't happen because the Battery last so long, more than 5 years for sure, is there something wrong with my motherboard? well if I have to replace the battery I can do it but I've been searching Google, I cant find how to take off the Armor Shield , because the battery is hiding under it .....

Can anyone give any suggestions or any helps would be appreciated 🙂

Thanks

What a pain ! You HAVE to take the MB all the way out and remove a ton of screws from the back to get
the armor off to change the battery.

I have the same MB and now I have to replace as I cannot change anything in Bios using the keyboard or mouse
and My time is always wrong as well, with a new battery !!! I cant believe that they dont upgrade bios in years now...

Good Luck !