Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Hello,

I have tested the new bios release 0809, and still have this issue. if I change the multiplier, cpu locks at 2.2.

New ROGer Array

i have tested with the new BIOS release of 8010 and i am still getting the 2.2ghz OC bug. PLEASE HELP. i am running a Ryzen 1600x

New ROGer Array

That is interesting, don't have these issues at all, I am not touching base clock at all, left it on auto, (100mhz)running 1800x @4.1 (41x multiplier), using offset 0.075v. Also llc level 4 and vrm frequency 600. It does drop on load, as it should, but my biggest concern is cpu temp. Is it normal 28c on idle and 68c on prime 95 load, mind you custom water loop with massive cooling capacity, GTX 1080FE on full water block which goes after CPU in the loop, only gets to 29c on full CPU load. Haven't installed water temp sensor yet but the radiator feels colder than my hand.
    Thermal grizzly paste and ek supremacy evo block. Tested on 9001 BIOS, and its not an offset issue.
    And yes, I have reseated cpu block twice already, using Arctic silver and grizzly with the same outcome. Will try gelid gc extreme, if I can find the spade(it's not in a syringe) [emoji5]
    Will try to play with p states, I would like to OC using power states, so on idle frequency and voltage would drop, for CPU to be less strained/stressed. I did that on 4790k, oc to 4.8, it would drop frequency and voltage to low loads.
    Also, another very nasty bug imho is Asus suite, that makes my PC crash randomly. Even with no settings done, only loaded to systray, PC randomly crashes, on load or in idle, when overclocked that is. Issue has gone after I uninstalled it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qWantUS; 08-16-2017 at 08:19 AM.

ROG Member Array

Drive calle

I don't think it's an issue on Ryzen 7 X chips, if it is it's to a lesser degree.

I had no problems with an 1800x and a 1700x, but 6 different 1700 chips would all lock to 1550MHz when pushing manual voltage.

New ROGer Array

Oh shoot, I think you are absolutely right, not on 1700 so should not post poitless post in such threads. My post could not be more irrelevant [emoji5]

New ROGer Array dustyjo PC Specs
    dustyjo PC Specs
    MotherboardSTRIX X370-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600X
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorBenQ XL2720Z
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 256GB
    Storage #25TB Total on two HDDs
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i V2
    CasePhanteks P400S TG
    Power SupplyCooler Master 1000W
    Keyboard CM STORM QuickFire Pro
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad GPGR Pad
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U w/ Merlin

Is anyone else having an issue with memory timings not being applied? I have a 15-16-16-35 tRC 51 kit, but it only runs at 16-16-16-35 tRC 69 no matter what I set the timings to in the BIOS.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjo View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with memory timings not being applied? I have a 15-16-16-35 tRC 51 kit, but it only runs at 16-16-16-35 tRC 69 no matter what I set the timings to in the BIOS.
    Which bios version are you using? I had no problems before, now on v8013. The only issue I seem to be getting, is that I can't set cas latency to very low values, would not set bellow 14 on my cl14 3200 memory. Maybe that is the limit? Any other value seems to stick just fine.

dustyjo PC Specs
    MotherboardSTRIX X370-F
    MonitorBenQ XL2720Z
    CasePhanteks P400S TG
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad GPGR Pad
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by qWantUS View Post
    Which bios version are you using? I had no problems before, now on v8013. The only issue I seem to be getting, is that I can't set cas latency to very low values, would not set bellow 14 on my cl14 3200 memory. Maybe that is the limit? Any other value seems to stick just fine.

I'm using 8013 as well. It won't accept any odd values for CAS latency, only even ones. 14 and 16 work, but 15 doesn't. It'll run with 14 but it's not stable so I'm stuck with 16.

I'm getting more and more disappointed with this motherboard every day.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjo View Post
    I'm using 8013 as well. It won't accept any odd values for CAS latency, only even ones. 14 and 16 work, but 15 doesn't. It'll run with 14 but it's not stable so I'm stuck with 16.

I'm getting more and more disappointed with this motherboard every day.
    I must admit, I'm with you on the disappointment side, being strix it really lacks refinement, just feels slapped in to the market and forgotten, like some a320 board...
    Have you tried docp profile? That seems to work fine, at least with my memory, it's gskill 3200c14 rgb 16gb kit, which to be honest even being expensive(for me at least) I really like.
    So it does not save 15 setting at all? If set, after reboot it's still 16 current but 15 as a set value? That is what I get when try lower cl, like 13 or something..
    You could also experiment with another bios, some beta 9001 is floating somewhere, you could try that.
    What I am struggling with is that I can't get anything above 3333 mem frequency fully stable, no matter how loose timings I set I how much voltage I feed to ddr4, soc I feed 1.16someting. And I really doubt that its memory issue, others on crosshair getting 3600 just fine with same memory modules..

dustyjo PC Specs
    MotherboardSTRIX X370-F
    MonitorBenQ XL2720Z
    CasePhanteks P400S TG
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    Mouse Pad GPGR Pad
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by qWantUS View Post
    I must admit, I'm with you on the disappointment side, being strix it really lacks refinement, just feels slapped in to the market and forgotten, like some a320 board...
    Have you tried docp profile? That seems to work fine, at least with my memory, it's gskill 3200c14 rgb 16gb kit, which to be honest even being expensive(for me at least) I really like.
    So it does not save 15 setting at all? If set, after reboot it's still 16 current but 15 as a set value? That is what I get when try lower cl, like 13 or something..
    You could also experiment with another bios, some beta 9001 is floating somewhere, you could try that.
    What I am struggling with is that I can't get anything above 3333 mem frequency fully stable, no matter how loose timings I set I how much voltage I feed to ddr4, soc I feed 1.16someting. And I really doubt that its memory issue, others on crosshair getting 3600 just fine with same memory modules..

I am using DOCP profile and it sets CL to 15, but it still shows up as 16 current. It shows up that way in CPUZ too. This board literally cannot set the CAS Latency to 15, 13, or any other odd-numbered value. I've been waiting and waiting for a BIOS fix but it still hasn't come.

This is ridiculous. I can't change base clock, I can't run the memory at the right timings, I can't OC using anything other than p-states, and I can't use AURA without crashing my entire machine. I may as well have bought a cheapo B350 board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast