cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 pumps connected to single W_PUMP+ PWM header?

Speaker1264
Level 7
So, the Crosshair VI Hero only has a single W_PUMP+ PWM header, but I have two EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pumps. It says the W_PUMP+ header has a max power of 36 watts, but each pump has a power consumption of 23 watts, or 46 watts together, so 10 watts higher than what the header is supposedly capable of. Should I be worried? Is it possible to damage the board by doing this? And will my pumps run at full power?
1 REPLY 1

Beto556
Level 9
Speaker1264 wrote:
So, the Crosshair VI Hero only has a single W_PUMP+ PWM header, but I have two EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pumps. It says the W_PUMP+ header has a max power of 36 watts, but each pump has a power consumption of 23 watts, or 46 watts together, so 10 watts higher than what the header is supposedly capable of. Should I be worried? Is it possible to damage the board by doing this? And will my pumps run at full power?

Certainly
There may be a problem for the motherboard to boot, damage the connector or cause the pumps to not work 100%.
Try to connect one of the pumps to a fan connector with optional PWM ( note de voltage/watts limits )

I use this external controller from KOOLANCE and I find it much better than any internal controller

http://koolance.com/ctr-cd1224-pump-and-fan-controller-with-display