cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I uninstall geforce experience

BL_11
Level 7
I got a rog g752vy and play fps games, Just wondering if i should uninstall it because I don't use any of the features.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
HI BL_T1

It's not necessary to install it.

I install it for shadowplay to record game videos. 🙂

haihane
Level 13
I uninstalled it. Or more specifically chose to untick it during installation because it nags too much
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It's GeForce Experience that stuffs around with game settings isn't it? Sometimes undoes your changes, too..

I always exclude it from install. (Or uninstall it if I have it on accident.)

BoutTime01
Level 7
Personally I quite like it. Good for driver updates and you can use the slider to increase or decrease the graphics options that GE suggests. I find the default options are quite reserved and probably based on stock Nvidia cards. IE non third party GPUs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Clintlgm
Level 14
As with any software if your not using it get rid of it, they all use resources that can be recovered by uninstalling. I have uninstalled it on my VY and all other computers it just aggravating and has caused issues for some people.
I don't like to install new NVidia drivers when they first come out. I prefer to see how they work out for others, they have had some issue the last few months so I don't take chances. It only takes a few seconds to log on to NVidia web site to download the latest working drivers.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

NeoBeum
Level 9
I posted a thread on the nVidia forum about getting shadow play working offline with the latest drivers

Nate152
Geforce Experience can optimize your game settings, you can untick it and use your own settings. It 's nice it let's you know a new driver is released.

Here is some gameplay recorded with Shadowplay.