cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the next firmware coming!?

jsarver
Level 11
This last firmware was badly broken and didn't allow many of the routers best features to even work correctly. When can we expect the next firmware revision so we can use this equipment as intended??
25 REPLIES 25

MarkSW
Level 8
I was told they are still working on it, although it has been over 6 weeks since the last release. Add to that the initial frequency with which they put out updates - 4 in 1 month, this long period in between releases can mean anything:
1. They are fixing a multitude of issues, which is resulting in the long delay.
2. They have run into issues which are proving to be difficult to fix, which is resulting in the long delay.

I personally would prefer any type of update other than "we are busy on it", as at the end of this week I will be returning the router for a refund and purchasing a different brand.
This router was released to early and is also being used (I Suspect) as a guinea pig for the 382 code base.

Regards
Mark

Eleiyas
Level 10
You're using the Rapture aren't you @JSarver?

I see in your last post you said everything was working ok? What happened?

I have sent a mail to MasterC@ASUS and hopefully he can update you guys on the firmware situation 🙂

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Guys,

We apologize for the delay, a new firmware is certainly being worked on. We have found the root causes for the main complaints, though I still cannot provide an ETA at this point in time. Thank you for your patience, I will keep everyone updated.

We are currently replicating your issue MarkSW with the closest configuration possible.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Guys,

We apologize for the delay, a new firmware is certainly being worked on. We have found the root causes for the main complaints, though I still cannot provide an ETA at this point in time. Thank you for your patience, I will keep everyone updated.

We are currently replicating your issue MarkSW with the closest configuration possible.

When you say replicating do you mean you are also experiencing the issues with game port 1 and 2 with this configuration?

Regards
Mark

Any approximate ETA for the new firmware would be appreciated as I have approximately 3 days until I have to return period for the router runs out.
A response to the question in my previous post above would be good too.

Regards
Mark

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
MarkSW wrote:
Any approximate ETA for the new firmware would be appreciated as I have approximately 3 days until I have to return period for the router runs out.
A response to the question in my previous post above would be good too.

Regards
Mark

Hi Mark,
We acquired the same motherboard to test, but so far we are still not able to replicate your issue - no reboots and link negotiation is fine (router firmware 3.0.0.4_382_12184). I have noticed that your Windows build and NIC driver are not the latest, can you please try to update those and try again? Also, are ports 5 and 6 okay while 1 and 2 are causing a reboot? These 4 ports are using the same switch, so technically that shouldn't happen. If this is a firmware issue, we would like to ensure it is resolved when we roll out the next firmware update, to do that we need to find the root cause.

Here is the link to the latest NIC driver:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/71305/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I218-V

Hi,
I actually rolled back the NIC driver to see if that was an issue - didn't help.
The issues all occur when connected to either game port 1 or 2 , (we leads me to believe that it is a firmware issue) all the other ports work fine, although I still have the throttling issue intermittently when making changes that necessitate a switch restart, which is rectified by disabling an re-enabling the NIC from the Network and Sharing section in Win 10.
Had too many issues with the Win10 Creators update, so a bit reluctant to upgrade that.
My return period for the router runs out soon and with no timetable for the new firmware it looks like this unit will be going back - sad!

Regards
Mark

Korth
Level 14
ASUS makes many ROG-branded routers, lol, which one?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry to hear that Mark, we will continue to investigate your issue regardless but the engineers need some time. Your particular case does seem out of the ordinary, so it may be worthwhile to exchange for another one and see if you can check the game ports at the store/service center.