Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned Array

Can you just confirm that the switch is port 1,2,5 and 6? and that the other switch is port 3,4,7 and 8?
    If this is correct then after more testing I can confirm that port 5 and 6 also show the same issues that I had with ports 1 and 2.
    I was under the impression that ports 1-4 were one switch and ports 5-8 were the other switch and if this assumption is wrong then there is definitely an issue with the switch.

Regards
    Mark

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

I can confirm ports 1,2,5,6 are using one switch, and 3,4,7,8 are using another. It would be great if you can test those as well. Thanks Mark.

Banned Array

Ports 1,2,5,6 have the issues: slow downs when applying settings that restart the switch (assigning manual IP in DHCP) Sporadic reboots. Multiple link negotiations if connection is unplugged and then plugged in, or NIC is disabled then re enabled(this also sometimes causes lockups, followed by a reboot).
    Ports 3,4,7,8 have none of the above issues at all.
    First router had almost the same exact issues as the replacement but was never fully tested like the replacement.
    Also to note is the fact that these 2 routers serial numbers are very close and probably from the same batch.

Regards
    Mark

PS I have also run a RT-N66U, TPLink router and a PFSense box with absolutely no issues at all, which has convinced me that the issues are with the router/firmware and definitely not my hardware.
    Last edited by MarkSW; 07-26-2017 at 01:55 AM.

It may be worthwhile to try returning the router and if possible - make sure the replacement is fine before taking it home. That may be the fastest solution.

Banned Array

Servicing elular

The shop only has one left and after checking the s/n it looks like it is part of the same batch as it is placed nearly perfectly between the 2 routers (1 digit difference either side) and to be quite honest I think the store are probably getting fed up as they are trying to talk me into swapping it for an X10 or something similar.

Regards
    Mark

If there really is an issue with the batch, you're saving them the trouble of dealing with the next person who gets it Were they able to test your Rapture?

Banned Array

Spoke to the shop but haven't returned it yet.

Banned Array

Apparently new firmware due next week, hopefully.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

This is actually getting to be dumb. You have firmware out that breaks main features of your product and you have no updates and no info to share regarding when it will be fixed.*

Sorry for the delay guys. The engineers are testing new firmware as we speak, and it is scheduled for release in the next 2 days!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast