cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic studio GL702vs

ooshawn
Level 7
Hello, my name is shawn. I recently purchased a GL702VS laptop from xotic pc. It didn't come with sonic studio or sonicradar. The enhancements tab is missing from the playback device settings. The sonic studio tab in the realtek HD audio manager isn't there. Any help getting my laptop setup for this would be great. I'll add that i'm mostly interested in this because my laptop seems to have a lower volume than I like, though I would also like to have full functionality at my disposal. Thanks for your time -shawn
9 REPLIES 9

Eleiyas
Level 10
It should be bundled with the Audio Driver.

Try re-downloading the drivers from here and see if the issue is still present:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL702VS/HelpDesk_Download/

I've tried both of the available audio drivers , which are supposed to contain the sonic studio drivers. they don't though.

toronto699
Level 13
ooshawan do u have the esupport folder on the laptop? Sonic Studio will be in the esupport folder, the esupport folder should have all the original drivers for your laptop.

typing Esupport into the search bar looking through my hard drives, and a quick browse through did not reveal any results.

toronto699
Level 13
did xotic pc do a clean install of the OS ? if they did a clean install of W10 then u will not have the esupport folder nor will u have Sonic Studio or sonic radar. The only way to obtain those are from the esupport folder if a new os was installed on your laptop because u need the original drivers that asus installed , make a post see if someone will upload the esupport folder for a GL702vs. So I believe the original os was removed from the laptop by xotic. Without the original os installed by asus even if u install the audio driver from the laptops download page sonic will not install as u need the original files that asus installed , u understand what in saying right? and both are bundled with the Audio Driver from the asus dowload page but need the original fileson the laptop in order to install

Eleiyas
Level 10
It certainly sounds like it's not the ASUS OEM OS on the unit, which is indeed needed if you want both of the Sonic softwares.

I think you guys are right. Now I know I guess. you think someone would upload that folder? or could asus themselves upload it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyaorgknmhdm8yf/eDriver.rar?dl=0

here ya go!

i learnt the hard way as well, luckily i had replaced my factory ssd with a samsung evo and didn't get to wiping it before i realized sonic studio was missing. threw the factory ssd back in and made a backup of that esupport folder for future use.

it's weird Asus doesn't have it for download in the support section.*

FastM wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyaorgknmhdm8yf/eDriver.rar?dl=0

here ya go!

i learnt the hard way as well, luckily i had replaced my factory ssd with a samsung evo and didn't get to wiping it before i realized sonic studio was missing. threw the factory ssd back in and made a backup of that esupport folder for future use.

it's weird Asus doesn't have it for download in the support section.*

Sonic Suite works like a charm again after clean install on my ROG gl702vmk!