cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly q code 56 no boot...

Ocelot
Level 7
Hi,

my system was stable until last night no problems but today my system won't boot with code 56.
I have a ryzen 1700 OC with pstates and offset @3.8ghz with 1.375v stable with prime and occt. Ram gskill flare x 3200hz @2933 14,14,14,34 with 1.35v.

I can't use the newest beta bios because I have the wifi version.

What seems to be the problem?**
9 REPLIES 9

Eleiyas
Level 10
QCode 56 is Invalid CPU Type or Speed.

Try doing a BIOS/CMOS reset and seeing if your rig will boot

Ocelot
Level 7
I did that and it will boot fine but after awhile Iam not sure what causes it it happens again after working for a few days with no problems it suddenly won't boot and is stuck at code 56

Eleiyas
Level 10
Try reflashing the BIOS using flashback.

If you still get the same issue, try re-seating the CPU - maybe there is a faulty connection somewhere

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Try reflashing the BIOS using flashback.

If you still get the same issue, try re-seating the CPU - maybe there is a faulty connection somewhere

I will try that but if the CPU is not seating right then it wouldn't be working at all right ? But that's not the case....

haihane
Level 13
Why not do both cpu reseating and bios flashback?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
Why not do both cpu reseating and bios flashback?

If the BIOS is the issue and reflashing resolves the issue, then reseating the CPU is pointless :3

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
If the BIOS is the issue and reflashing resolves the issue, then reseating the CPU is pointless :3

reflashing resolved the problem 2 days ago but today it happend again....lets wait and see

Ocelot wrote:
reflashing resolved the problem 2 days ago but today it happend again....lets wait and see

in that case, if reseating the CPU doesn't work either, then you are (unfortunately) looking at a faulty CPU or a faulty board (most likely)

Ocelot
Level 7
I reseated the cpu and reflashed the bios lets wait and see if it happens again. I had so much trouble with this board since I bought it last week if the problems dont get resolved I guess I have to try some other board...