Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Crosshair VI Motherboard and worried

Hey,

I am currently looking into building a Ryzen Build but i hear that there are alot of DDR4 ram problems?

If i go with 2400mhz G.Skill Flare X will i run into problems?
    Should i go Ryzen over the i7 7700K

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi JMatzelle9362

Maybe this will help you decide.

New ROGer Array

I have flare x 3200 and it runs out of the box, DOCP standard with correct timings no problem at all.

New ROGer Array panni PC Specs
    panni PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS C6H
    ProcessorRyzen 1700
    Memory (part number)2xF4-3200C14-8GFX
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1060 Gaming X 6G
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv TG black
    Power Supplybequiet! Pro Power 750W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Hagno View Post
    I have flare x 3200 and it runs out of the box, DOCP standard with correct timings no problem at all.
    Yep, it runs out of the box (with 1501), but the timings aren't 100% correct. TRC should be 48 but it something like 73 when left on auto. Everything else is fine. I'm now running mine at 3333 and 14-13-12-34-48-1T with 1.3750V.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello Hagno,

I have that RAM also and every time I cold boot my PC in the morning it starts then stops then starts and boots into Windows. After it does this my RAM runs at its default spped of 2400 MHz and 16 16 16 etc timings. Are you not experiencing this behavior with your system? I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. I'm thinking that maybe either my RAM is bad or the motherboard but I don't know how to diagnose the problem It doesn't matter if I overclock my 1700X or not it still does this. If I boot into Windows without the start stop restart everything is fine and totally stable.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post
    Hello Hagno,

I have that RAM also and every time I cold boot my PC in the morning it starts then stops then starts and boots into Windows. After it does this my RAM runs at its default spped of 2400 MHz and 16 16 16 etc timings. Are you not experiencing this behavior with your system? I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. I'm thinking that maybe either my RAM is bad or the motherboard but I don't know how to diagnose the problem It doesn't matter if I overclock my 1700X or not it still does this. If I boot into Windows without the start stop restart everything is fine and totally stable.
    I have the same CPU as you, but when the motherboard cold-boots it only emits a very short beep and proceeds like normal. I have fast boot enabled also. The behaviour you are describing only happened to me once, when i shutdown the pc and then unplugged the power from the pc, as i needed to move it around. I believe in that circumstance it's to be expected (for now i hope). But if i dont unplug the power cord everything is normal.

Do you have ErP (low power) enabled in your bios?
    My RAM voltage is 1.37V, what are yours?
    What is your SoC voltage?

When your load default settings, set DOCP standard to 3200 and then save and restart, does it still fail to train your memory?
    Try one module at a time with 3200 perhaps.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the same CPU as you, but when the motherboard cold-boots it only emits a very short beep and proceeds like normal. I have fast boot enabled also. The behaviour you are describing only happened to me once, when i shutdown the pc and then unplugged the power from the pc, as i needed to move it around. I believe in that circumstance it's to be expected (for now i hope). But if i dont unplug the power cord everything is normal.

Do you have ErP (low power) enabled in your bios?
    My RAM voltage is 1.37V, what are yours?
    What is your SoC voltage?

When your load default settings, set DOCP standard to 3200 and then save and restart, does it still fail to train your memory?
    Try one module at a time with 3200 perhaps.
    Thanks Hagno for helping. First of all I am on Bios 1403. I checked the ErP setting and it is disabled. I loaded the Optimised default setting in Bios and this is what it set it too. Also shows disabled "Restore on AC Power Loss", "Power on br PCI-E/PCI" and "Power on by RTC".

D.O.C.P Standard has set my Ram Voltage setting to 1.3500V but it is showing the voltage at 1.329V.

My SOC Voltage is set on Auto and the actual voltage showing is 1.111V.

ROG Enthusiast Array

"The behaviour you are describing only happened to me once, when i shutdown the pc and then unplugged the power from the pc, as i needed to move it around. I believe in that circumstance it's to be expected (for now i hope). But if i dont unplug the power cord everything is normal. "

Yea, this is the strange part. I am not powering down the power to my system. It is just a normal power down through Windows 10 when I shut down for the day and go to bed. The behavior is as if I am shutting off all power and it is cold booting.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JMatzelle9362 View Post
    Hey,

I am currently looking into building a Ryzen Build but i hear that there are alot of DDR4 ram problems?

If i go with 2400mhz G.Skill Flare X will i run into problems?
    Should i go Ryzen over the i7 7700K
    I went with the 1700 over the two "x"'s, because the XFR is crap, and they are overpriced. The 1700 can oc to almost the exact same performance, and is much much cheaper. And the FlareX ram by GSkill is exactly what you should use if you want zero problems. It is excellent ram, and I have been running it oc to 3482 since I got it, with zero problems. Of course I recommend the Asus mobo, either Hero or Extreme, depending on your pockets. Cheers!
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post
    Thanks Hagno for helping. First of all I am on Bios 1403. I checked the ErP setting and it is disabled. I loaded the Optimised default setting in Bios and this is what it set it too. Also shows disabled "Restore on AC Power Loss", "Power on br PCI-E/PCI" and "Power on by RTC".

D.O.C.P Standard has set my Ram Voltage setting to 1.3500V but it is showing the voltage at 1.329V.

My SOC Voltage is set on Auto and the actual voltage showing is 1.111V.
    I think there is a new bios for the board, first of all. Second, you can push your ram volts up a bit, as well as take your soc off of auto, and set it to 1.2. Sometimes you have to tickle the voltage with a bit more power to get them to act right.
    I was running my ram at 1.4, oc'd to 3482 with no problems at all. My 1700 was oc'd to 3940mhz, and it was stable and smooth. I could get 1760's on Cinebench all day long. So it's worth learning a little bit about oc'ing. There is a ton of info on it online, just take it step by step. Hope this helps.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast