Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

After I received a new board, I went ahead and installed the beta build from Raja. I tried to install Windows like normal. I had all kinds of booting and rebooting issues. Once Windows finished installing, it would reboot and get stuck at AA. I would have to reboot and it I would say it would come up once every three times. Fortunately, 4F would not show up. But in the end, I was still getting a lot of instability and unable to get Windows installed.

So the beta build didnt seem to help. I went back to 0503 and did the same thing and got the same results. I went to look at the specs of us that have this problem and I noticed we had one major similarity.... we were all booting from Samsung M2 drives. So I plugged my drives into another PC and ran Samsung Magician...and there it was... old firmware. I updated the firmware on both my M2 drives and put them back onto the new board and viola.... stability. Every time the computer would reboot, it came up without any issues. I proceeded to install Windows 10 without a hitch. Try updating the firmware on your M2 drives and give it a shot with 0503. Hopefully that fixes your issues! Good luck!

Thank you for letting me try the beta build Raja.
    Last edited by Wrecks; 08-04-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Nice find. The firmware probably isn't compatible with fast boot. I did suspect something wasnt sitting well with it: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post663765

New ROGer Array

Hi

I did everything suggested (I've been building computers since the 386 days), but sadly nothing worked; flashback did nothing (I tried both ports), just 4f. Out of the case, nothing but GFX and 1 stick of RAM, just 4f.

I have a replacement board now, and it's fine. When I booted it, windows setup had installed on the drive correctly and it just carried on and finished the setup. The M.2 has the latest firmware out of the box, but it's a common link that might mean something. I updated the board to the latest bios (thanks for the link) straight away.

I waited a while to make sure it was ok, then set the memory timings manually and avoided XMP just in case, overclocked it, and it's stable and solid as a rock. I've had some great boards over the years (remember the Abit VP6 or the Supermicro P6 SBA?), and I think this is going to be one of the greats too.

Thanks for all the help, just wish it had worked. It seems 4f, whatever causes it, is board death. Ah well, I'm up and running now, happy days :-).

New ROGer Array

Solve by flashback and wait for new Bios

Quote Originally Posted by TheDexter View Post
    Hello,

my system:
    Asus Rog Strix X299-E gaming
    Gskill Tridenz RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR
    Asus Gtx 1080ti
    Intel i7 7800x
    2x m.2 samsung 960 pro
    2x850 pro ssd
    be quiet silent loop 280mm
    750W power supply be quiet plantinum +.

today i got my new pc parts.
    I build it and launched in the bios.
    I set my 2x m.2 samsung 960 pro into raid 0 pcie and insert my usb stick with windows 10 (used the official windows media creating software).
    After that it started to install.
    It said reboot to finish xy.
    Since this point i cant enter my bios or get any picture of my pc.

What i tried:

cmos reset: unplugged the battery and waited 10 min.
    cmos reset from the mainboard.
    testing ram slots.

im getting the error 4f everytime if ram is plugged in.

Asus support told me to refund the mainboard but i want to fix it.

Got new motherboard from asus -> same problem now but i got a bit further.

windows restart after installing -> getting ready with asus bios logo -> black screen and no chance to do anything

Greetings Mark
    Are you fixed yet ?
    Flash back to 0402 by usb 2.0 under flashback buttom (Guild book wrong)
    0503 bug Ram timing by XMP is not set normally in other slot
    My problem is play game frame rate drop sometime.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Beta 0031 is the latest uefi build.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...UEFI-0031-0503

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3