cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

180W GL502VS power supply with 230W GL502VSK (Kaby Lake)

Nicolas_G
Level 7
Hey guys,
I have the newer model of the GL502VS with 230W. It's quite a heavy one. The previous model had a 180W power supply. I love this laptop on the go and a more portable/lightweigt power supply on the go would be great. I know it can drain the battery if it only has 180W but my real question is if it works as a charger in general and if it is harmless.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello Nicolas.G
The 180W PSU will still do it's job, but it won't provide as much power as the 230W PSU if the laptop needs it, obviously.
Nevertheless, you can still use it to charge while in low usage or turned off. Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Nicolas.G
The 180W PSU will still do it's job, but it won't provide as much power as the 230W PSU if the laptop needs it, obviously.
Nevertheless, you can still use it to charge while in low usage or turned off. Thank you

Thank you very much Bill, appreciate the answer!
Yes, it was meant to be used for low usage stuff outside of gaming.

jamreal18
Level 7
Nicolas.G wrote:
Hey guys,
I have the newer model of the GL502VS with 230W. It's quite a heavy one. The previous model had a 180W power supply. I love this laptop on the go and a more portable/lightweigt power supply on the go would be great. I know it can drain the battery if it only has 180W but my real question is if it works as a charger in general and if it is harmless.

Is it nice?
Don't you experience any problem with this laptop?
They said you need to update the BIOS before using this laptop...