cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible sound issue's and Bios 9920 (not related isseu's)

jbasemoine
Level 9
Ok so first thing first!

I own 4 different Creative sound cards, al suffer from same isseu ONLY on the C6H motherboard!
I have tried all sound cards, on 2 different systems on my current system (with the C6h mobo) suffers from this extremely annoying problem since day 1, i have complained/reported this isseu before and i know i'm not the only one who suffers from it!
Using my current Creative sound blaster Z DTS (same goes for the Crative reacon, XFI gamer, Extreme music cards) is terrible, i use DTS over Toslink (spdif) and it works decent, well the sound sounds like it should bu there are annoying problems!

Isseu 1: "popping/static/high pitch" sound

At random i hear this "popping/static/high pitch" sound (kinda hard to discribe it) when i'm listening/watching what ever!
So let's i'm listining to a Chet baker - almost blue on youtube (or aimp, vlc or what ever player i use) at random i hear this "popping/static/high pitch" sound a random times i hear it like 4 to 6 times during a song which is highly annoying and the sound comes out of 1 random speaker (using 5.1) the best way to discribe the sound is like when you're speakers are on you plug in you're 3.5mm sound cable you hear this static "pop" or when someone plugs i a microphone you hear this "poping sometimes high pinch sound".
This happens with everything i do! watching movies, listening music or playing games, the sound happends at random, so thre is no clear cause for it.

Isseu 2: Sound stops for no good reason DTS get's turned off!

When doing anything sound related, listening music,watching some video's or just simply gaming all sounds stop suddenly at random times for no particulair reason WHEN USING DTS or DD!
On the console of my logitech Z906 speaker set console The DTS decoder light is turned on when i use DTS or DD when the music stops the DTS decider light is off an all music stops (nothing get outputted).
In windows als speaker etc are "set/working" correctly, when i go to Creative z control panel DTS or DD is activated in control panel but DTS does not work!
When open up playback device's the sound card is selected as output system but the sound bar next to it (where the bars will fill up with green bats indicating the level of sound) is not showing any sound is being outputted (while sound is playing).
The solution i found so far that work (and reable my sound) are as follow:

1. reboot pc

Or

2. go to creative console, go to DTS/DD tab When i use DTS (and is selected) is deselect DTS or change from DTS to DD and then renable/re select DTS and all sounds star working again, the DTS decoder Light on my speaker set also turns on again!

These problems only occure when using DTS or DD, when i set the sound on 5.1 (without DTS or DD enabled) all sounds works fine, and there are no isseu's to be found!

Last week after i got sick and tired of the popping sound and random sound outage ruining the latest episode of Games of thrones AGAIN! i was sick and tired and grabed my old pc's an started testing the Creative sound cards, watched a movies listend to Chet baker with DTS enabled and there where no problems!
So i tried out all 3 sound cards i have laying around and all suffer from the except same problems on the C6H mobo, on my other pc's (amd 8350, sabertooth 990fx R2 mobo, and on a Intel I5 with a Asus Z170 PRO GAMING mobo ) there is absolutly no problem to with any of the sounds cards!
Over more then a month ago i have trouble shooted these isseu's with creative they could not help me resolve the problem after extended (and verry good) troubleshooting and help, we where unble to sort out the problem Creative have done absolutely EVERYTHING they could to help me and i have been mailing back and forth with them for more the 3 weeks!

Conclusion, Since on 2 different pc's there are no isseu's to be found, so the sounds cards all work like they should i can only conclude the isseu lie's at the C6H mobo!
I have tried out using the sound cards every PCI slot on the board on the C6H But on al slot's the isseu's occures, also all soundcards are tested on all 2 different pc's

P.s. While tiping this post i was listening to some jazz on Youtube, after i typed the sound above all sound disapeard in the middle of a song....... great......

P.p.S i have reinstalled windows 10 5 times by now and it made NO DIFFERENCE WHAT SO EVER!

Bios 9920.

So far the bios feels stable i have rebooted 5 times with Ram on 3466 and the bios have not rested itself (with 1403 4 out 5 cold boots worked with ram on 3466 on the 5th bios resets itself) so that is clear win 😄
With ram on 3600 cold boot is a no go... i can boot with 3466 and go into bios directly, set ram to 3600 and it will boot, but after i shut down the system or reboot bios will reset itself!
32 REPLIES 32

andyliu
Level 9
Ya the popping, static, high pitch sound is extremely annoying
there are a lot of reason it can be happening. if you have samsung m.2 drive, try change to driver.
also, try to run http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon and see if you can determine what might be causing the issue.

just run it along with some other video playing, and you should see what is spiking and causing the high latency

I had that issue with storport.sys, and I fix it by updating the driver.

andyliu wrote:
Ya the popping, static, high pitch sound is extremely annoying
there are a lot of reason it can be happening. if you have samsung m.2 drive, try change to driver.
also, try to run http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon and see if you can determine what might be causing the issue.

just run it along with some other video playing, and you should see what is spiking and causing the high latency

I had that issue with storport.sys, and I fix it by updating the driver.

Thank you for you're reply.
Come to think of it the main diffrence between te C6H and the other mobo's ins M2 ssd vs normal ssd!
I have thought of that! i will try and install the dirvers on a different drive and try it out!
I will keep everyone posted!

jbasemoine wrote:
Thank you for you're reply.
Come to think of it the main diffrence between te C6H and the other mobo's ins M2 ssd vs normal ssd!
I have thought of that! i will try and install the dirvers on a different drive and try it out!
I will keep everyone posted!

np, i just remember reading it somewhere where the samsung drive was the issue for some ppl.
I personally use regular ssd and had different issue, that's why I suggested the latency monitor software.
in addition to that, you can also check the windows build in event viewer to see if there is any critical/warning type of event.
they can also cause issue. I had to replace my mushkin ssd (working fine on all other system) to solve random freeze issue.
Good luck

jbasemoine
Level 9
Ok, well unforunitly :S Installing the drivers on my D:\ (Firecuda hdd/sdd hybrid 3.5 inch hdd) did not work :S
Gonna try it out on my normal ssd and hope fully it wil resolve my isseu 😄 but i fear the worst :S
The latency program or windows event veiver goes a little over my head unfortunatly i will ook the program/link you provided but it think i can do little to nothing with it 😛
Still thank you for you're rply!

PeZzy
Level 7
Which PCIe slot are you using? Did you overclock your Bus speed? Does the C6H computer have the same OS as the other computers? Is the computer case frame mostly made of metal?

jbasemoine
Level 9
yes same OS, i used one my ssd's i normaly use on the C6H, No i have not overclocked anyhting (accept ram running at 3466 but isseu also presist on 3200mhz or lower).
Yes the case (cm stryker) is mostly of metal BUT my old 8350 was in same case never had theses isseus before, beside's that the sound card hase a shield build around itself to protect against static an what not.
I use the Pci-e slot (the small one) atm, but i have tried al other slots on the board all have the same isseu.
Also as suggested abov i have unistalled al drivers and reinstalled them on a different HDD, i have like 6 hdd's plugged in (1x hybrid hdd/ssd, 2xnormal 3.5 hdd, 2x ssd's, 1x 2.5 hdd in the hots swap bay) i have tried reinstalling the divers to my Hybrid (no change isseu presist) then to my normal hdd (isseu presist) and now i'm trying it on my ssd (10 minutes in no isseu so far, but this can change any second)
It seems that mij M.2 Ssd is not at fault here.

andyliu
Level 9
Well, windows event viewer is rather easy to run, just type in "event viewer" withotu quote in the windows search bar.
it should show up and let you select it. What you need to be looking at is the windows logs -> system
you wanna scroll up and down to check if there is any event that's critical / warning.

as far as latency monitor, just install and click on the run icon, the green triangle.
and let it go for a while after you reboot computer, you shold be able to see the meter shoot up whenever you hear the popping sound
And it will tell you what is causing it.

I think you probably have the same issue like i do with the driver, not the audio driver, but rather the sata ahci driver
While updating it to amd one shouldn't causing any issue, I will still suggest you to run the monitor software to sort of what's causing it.

the driver can be found under, assuming you download the chipset driver from AMD
AMD-Chipset-Drivers-Software-17.10RCP22-Apr27\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\W764A

I left a reply about this on the other thread you started back in march, before I realized it was 4 months old, I can post it here again if you want, but there isn't really any reason to. I suspect the issue is the noisy ground of the motherboard causing issues with the soundcard.

You could try creating a low-impedance earth to the back plate of the card to see if that improves the popping/static. But other than that, there is very little to suggest for S/PDIF and DTS issues.

If your speakers have 3.5mm jacks, you may be able to go my route of differential amplifier buffers to filter the noise, however these only work with analogue signals and you would loose DTS capability.

I don't know if the S/PDIF output on the motherboard audio codec supports DTS, but would you be able to verify whether it has the same issues as the sound cards.

Also maybe try disabling the on-board audio and/or any digital audio outputs on your GPU in device manager.

I left a reply about this on the other thread you started back in march, before I realized it was 4 months old, I can post it here again if you want, but there isn't really any reason to. I suspect the issue is the noisy ground of the motherboard causing issues with the soundcard.

You could try creating a low-impedance earth to the back plate of the card to see if that improves the popping/static. But other than that, there is very little to suggest for S/PDIF and DTS issues.

If your speakers have 3.5mm jacks, you may be able to go my route of differential amplifier buffers to filter the noise, however these only work with analogue signals and you would loose DTS capability.

I don't know if the S/PDIF output on the motherboard audio codec supports DTS, but would you be able to verify whether it has the same issues as the sound cards.

Also maybe try disabling the on-board audio and/or any digital audio outputs on your GPU in device manager.