Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    I have looked into the manual to find out how to disable the onboard sound, the only thing i can find is the HD Audio controller (which i have turned off) and so far i have not installed any onboard audio drivers, only the Creative Z and Nvidia audio drivers, i will reinstalle the NVidia drivers without the audio driver, though i use it pretty often (when i use other monitor i let sound be passthrough HDMI). But for sake of testing and troubleshooting i will remove it.
    If you booted into windows with the onboard sound enabled, Windows may have automatically installed the drivers. You'd want to remove the install - look into Apps and Features. The Nvidia sound drivers should not make a difference.

Check dxdiag to see what it says.
    Last edited by PeZzy; 07-26-2017 at 07:08 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

I have looked into the manual to find out how to disable the onboard sound, the only thing i can find is the HD Audio controller (which i have turned off) and so far i have not installed any onboard audio drivers, only the Creative Z and Nvidia audio drivers, i will reinstalle the NVidia drivers without the audio driver, though i use it pretty often (when i use other monitor i let sound be passthrough HDMI). But for sake of testing and troubleshooting i will remove it.
    it's just hard to determine what can cause the issue,
    The popping sound for my system was caused by storport.sys, which pointing to the sata ahci driver,
    or my system, i use onboard audio (i think that's the major difference there), wifi card, and 1 of 2 monitors with hdmi audio capability
    I disable the ethernet card, also did not install audio driver from nvidia.
    I also set my graphic card to prefer max performance, which can be found under Nvidia control panel, 3D settings, Manage 3D settings, and Power Management mode.
    Maybe can also try to set the power plan to High performance as well.

not sure if you have tried it,
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...sound-problems

here is also a video that i found regarding to the nvidia driver, it's dated but was interesting how it stop causing issue when play full screen windowed, maybe you wanna give it a try
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTadHMK3ELs

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

One drive is completly removed form my pc.
    What you mean with cheap set drivers ? you mean the drivers for my sound card or any other specific driver ?
    Try reinstalling the chipset driver for the motherboard off of the Asus website.

Just google "crosshair vi hero drivers," choose your os, and look for the 'AMD Chipset driver" in the list. (its around a 1.3GB download)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by unknownmiscreant View Post
    Try reinstalling the chipset driver for the motherboard off of the Asus website.

Just google "crosshair vi hero drivers," choose your os, and look for the 'AMD Chipset driver" in the list. (its around a 1.3GB download)
    Did not sloved the isseus since i have this system i have already preformed 4 clean windows installs and thus installed al drivers etc...
    The problem occured soon after i got this system!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    unknownmiscreant PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell E430s (i7)
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GFX (Currently clocked 3466MHz)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 FTW
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar
    Monitor2x Dell U2412M
    Storage #1Intel 540s
    Storage #2Intel 520
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo
    CaseCorsair 460x
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Logitech G640
    Headset/Speakers Custom built sound system
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk

Did not sloved the isseus since i have this system i have already preformed 4 clean windows installs and thus installed al drivers etc...
    The problem occured soon after i got this system!
    Sorry, there's nothing else I can really do to help you. Anything else I suggest is probably going to be all the basic stuff you've already tried.

Come to think of it, have you tried using a different graphics card?

Sorry, there's nothing else I can really do to help you. Anything else I suggest is probably going to be all the basic stuff you've already tried.

Come to think of it, have you tried using a different graphics card?
    No since i don't have on lying around!
    But my 1070 was used on older system (wich used this sound card aswell) never had any problems with it!

Quote Originally Posted by andyliu View Post
    since I only use onboard audio and my usb headset, I wont be able to tell what causing the issue. (and my issue was caused by a different process, storport.sys)
    1 quick question though, you didn't run anything intensive, like game when you use the monitor right?
    want make sure it's not trigger by something else.
    I am also new to that software, so I monitor the latency the dumb way as well.
    Whenever it catch the spike for any latency, I stop the monitor and restart it again.
    make sure it's always causing by the same process.
    maybe there is a more convenient way, but I just restart the monitor few times to locate the cause of the spike

but if it's caused by the same process over and over,
    I will suggest that you try to disable the card and uninstall the software from creative soundblast first, and see if problem still persist

google creative soundblaster Z and windows 10 creative update, it yield quite a lot of result of issues
    that's the text I used to google "Creative sound blaster Z DTS windows 10 creator updates" without quote
    This is one of the results where ppl talking about some fix, I dont know if it will address your issue.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...kvad7hTllejLuw

Ok i'm going to curse myself properly after typing this massage :P
    But it seems the link you provided helped me out! and the issue (as off now) seems to be fix!
    In the link you provided i found a different link :P which lead me 2 files someone has uploaded (sbx_fix "a reg fix" and file name Patch_110200_xx_h10, dunno what this file does/specificly adds, but it ads a line to registration Entries (dunno which or what line/code or whatever)).
    I "installed" the first one (sbx_fix) but soon after.... static popping noise occurred :S.... So i "installed" the other one.
    After i "installed" the other i went to device manager and see if windows had installed the onboard card by itself (it did not) since i was in device manager anyway i right click all devices under Audio Inputs and outputs selected update drivers and let is search the web!
    After i did that under Audio inputs and outputs i did the same for every device under "Sound,video and game controllers" and the Sound Blaster Audio Controller did have a update (i thought i already had done this a week ago :S).
    I rebooted the pc and putt on my Youtube Jazz playlist, now as i type this message i have been listening for 1 hour straight! NO sound drop outs and no Popping sound!!!!!!!!

No i can't tell 100% for sure what (so far) fixed my sound isseus!
    Though i can remember that after my previous clean windows install i update the Sound blaster Audion Controller the same way without any result (the again i might be mistaken!).
    So it look likes the Patch_110200xx_H10 file did the trick!!!

See files here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/o...#post_25803173

P.s. if there is someone around that can tell me if this file is harm full or anything i kinda blindly install it and have no freaking clue what it does and if it is harmful (or spyware or what ever)... Thanks in advance :P

P.P.s i am thinking of preforming yet a other clean windows install (since i have been messing around with alot of files etc.. to fix some isseus, after i have preformed a new fresh install of windows i will re preform the sound fix in a more "controlling way" , i wil first update the audio controller and if that does not work try out the patch te be sure which did the trick!

p.p.p.s i will keep everyone noted if the issues does reoccur again, also i will keep everyone posted what did fix the issue (the update or the file) but i will not preform the reinstall after at least one week due to work :S
    Last edited by jbasemoine; 07-26-2017 at 11:56 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

I have installed my Sound Blaster Z to see if I could recreate your issues. I don't use passthrough and I don't use HDMI for my display or audio output. I am using Optical out on the SBZ to a Klipsch Pro Media 5.1D system. I have no popping, crackling, or anything like that. I am using the latest Creative official driver, I always have low power states disabled through the BIOS and Windows, and I am running DTS. Gosh! I am actually appreciating Creative sound for the first time in a long time. :P Two weeks of the Asus disappointing audio with no DTS just goes to show that even decent hardware can sound like garbage when you cheap out on the Dolby support and your drivers suck, which says something because Creative is know for some of the worst garbage for drivers in the industry.

As others have pointed out, it's an issue related to your graphics card. If I had to guess, there is some cross-talk happening as the audio passes through the GPU before being pushed out over HDMI or that the audio is being poorly compressed before being pushed out over HDMI with the display signal. Have you tried swapping out the cable you use to connect your sound card to your GPU?

Edit: You were posting when I was. I'm glad you have your issue resolved!*
    Last edited by Syaoran; 07-26-2017 at 11:59 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array andyliu PC Specs
    andyliu PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)(32GB) 2*F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 FTW
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105
    CaseCooler Master H500M
    Power SupplyThermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3100 + PCE-AC88

Oh should have asked about your graphic card too
    sorry didn't help out systematically, and have things for you to try here n there ;p
    if you update your profile to include those hardware spec, ppl can look at it and help out easier (maybe ;p).

but ya there is also issue related to pascal card
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...stuttering/89/
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1605618/o...k-for-everyone

many of them experiencing the issue after upgrading their system or graphic card
    it's just too many factor that can lead to the issue ;p
    Last edited by andyliu; 07-27-2017 at 03:59 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

It's even better to get them from AMD's website, since the download is only 192MB.

Don't install that Sonic Studio and Sonic Studio crap and other stuff from Asus's website.
    Last edited by PeZzy; 07-27-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast