MonitorAcer K2 Series K272HUL 27" IPS
    Storage #1WD EVO 960 500GB M.2
    Storage #2WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB 7200 RPM
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 350D
    Power SupplySeasonic G-series 650W

System Shutdown Issue

Hello,
    I've recently completed my new build with the ROG STRIX Z270G and i7 7700k. I have installed windows 10 Pro and the system is running beautifully. EXCEPT when I try to shut down the system with either the shut down through Windows or using the power button, windows appears to shut down, the screen powers down, but the CPU fan stays on, the video card (EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid) fan stays spinning and all the board lights remain on. The only way to turn it off is to long press the power key after windows had **** down.

I had done many hours of research online to try to identify the issue. Several laptop users seem to have similar issues which were resolved by disabling rapid startup in the Windows power options. This did nothing for me. Next some stated it is a problem with the Intel ME driver. I was unable to find a good version of the older 10.0 or 9.5 versions of the driver. But some had written disabling IME in device manager would take care of it but I also did not help. Some other forums have stated that it may be an issue with the motherboard.

Anyone have any similar issues or suggestions that may be specific to the new ASUS mobos? Thanks for any help in advance.

Here is a link to the details of my build.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/b/gh3bt6