cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get stable 3200MHZ above?

Dreamer1
Level 7
It seems very difficult to get the CPU stabled when the ram is overclocked above 3200Mhz. I have run a stress test (realbench, 1hr) and could not pass when the ram is 3466Mhz or 3600Mhz(even if I increase CPU voltage). When 3200Mhz, I was able to pass the realbench. Anyone experienced this?
18 REPLIES 18

Raja
Level 13
This is quite normal. For most people DDR4-3200 is the upper limit. Going beyond is very conditional and requires a lot of tuning.

Eleiyas
Level 10
The C6H is meant to take up to 3200Mhz RAM on OC.

Yes, people have managed to get more, but that is highly user-dependant and not likely for most people - in fact, a lot of people still can't get over 2133 or 2666 Mhz

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
The C6H is meant to take up to 3200Mhz RAM on OC

Then why BIOS allow OC up to 4000 MHz?

MrPhil17 wrote:
Then why BIOS allow OC up to 4000 MHz?
Just because a bios claims to "allow" 4000 MHz doesn't mean your gonna get that. I can only get to 2933. This platform isn't even a year old at this point. Bugs are still being worked out. Sometimes when things get fixed it causes other issues. People crying about RAM speeds drives me nuts, cause the difference in speeds isn't that noticable. Some things that you do you may notice a difference but for most things your not. Find a speed you can get with no problem and leave it alone.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Redjamax1 wrote:
People crying about RAM speeds drives me nuts, cause the difference in speeds isn't that noticable.

Although I agree that the difference between 2133 - 2666 - 3200 is negligible for most daily use, I believe that most people are salty because the C6H is marketed as "DDR4 3200Mhz!", so, even though it does state "3200Mhz(OC)" in the specifications page, most people assume that those speeds will be plug'n'play or at least easy to tweak-to and achieve.

That simply isn't the case.

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
Although I agree that the difference between 2133 - 2666 - 3200 is negligible for most daily use, I believe that most people are salty because the C6H is marketed as "DDR4 3200Mhz!", so, even though it does state "3200Mhz(OC)" in the specifications page, most people assume that those speeds will be plug'n'play or at least easy to tweak-to and achieve.

That may be so with a board and platform that's been around for a few years. I knew what I was getting into when I pulled the trigger and upgraded to a Ryzen build. Can't be mad about something you knew was gonna have some ironing out to do

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:

It seems normal for a person who owns a 3200mhz rated ram kit to achieve 3200mhz in a motherboard like C6H. I seldom failed to achieve rated ram speed in an Intel platform but Ryzen is difficult even with the 4000mhz ram kit.

Dreamer1 wrote:
It seems normal for a person who owns a 3200mhz rated ram kit to achieve 3200mhz in a motherboard like C6H. I seldom failed to achieve rated ram speed in an Intel platform but Ryzen is difficult even with the 4000mhz ram kit.
I have Trident Z 3200 and can only get 3066. And in all honesty 2933 performs better for whatever reason. It's really not a big deal for what I do, the performance difference is practically unnoticeable u less your running benchmarks and can see an actual number. Take those numbers away and do what you do every day and you won't notice a performance difference between 2933 to 3200. I love overclocking and getting as much as possible out of my hardware. So I totally get it from that stand point.

Redjamax1 wrote:
I have Trident Z 3200 and can only get 3066. And in all honesty 2933 performs better for whatever reason. It's really not a big deal for what I do, the performance difference is practically unnoticeable u less your running benchmarks and can see an actual number. Take those numbers away and do what you do every day and you won't notice a performance difference between 2933 to 3200. I love overclocking and getting as much as possible out of my hardware. So I totally get it from that stand point.

Well, I am trying to get 3600 or 3466. I was able to pass the memtest86 with these ram clocks with different timings. 3600(16-16-16-36, 1T, 1.45v), 3466(14-14-14-34, 1T, 1.40v). Since I could pass ram test 3200 with same ram timing as 3466, I am more convinced to get 3466 at cl14 instead of 3200. Ram stress test is much easier to pass compared to CPU which seem difficult. What voltages should I change if I get into higher ram clocks? SOC? 1.8 PLL voltage? SB voltage? VDDP voltage?