cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Controller & Intel Virtualization Technology

memetic
Level 7
There seems to be some problem installing, or to finding, the driver for a USB Controller. The USB 3.1 is working and so are the other USB ports. I tried the disc that came with mobo. I tried Win updates. Nothing works. I never had this problem before when reinstalling Win 7 (or Win 10) fresh. Any idea?

Also, I am trying to create a virtual machine and I am getting an error that Intel's Virtualization Technology is not enabled. I went in and went to "advanced" and to the "CPU" and I see the Intel VT in the list. It says that Ivt is supported, but there is no option to turn in on or off. Assuming that is enabled by default, what do I do to get VMware to detect it is on? Or is something else?

Sorry my English is bad. I am from Brasil.

Thank You!
3 REPLIES 3

memetic
Level 7
No one makes the 64 bit vms?

Here is my specs:

Motherboard model: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 LGA2011-V3 DDR4 M.2 ACWiFi USB 3.1 Type A Intel X99 eATX Motherboard

UEFI Version:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75820K

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2133 (PC4-17000) Desktop Memory Model F4-2133C15Q-32GRR

GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Graphics Card (ZT-90503-10P)

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: OCZ Storage Solutions RevoDrive 350 Series 480GB PCI Express Generation 2 x 8 Solid State Drive RVD350-FHPX28-480G

PSU: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND 80 Plus Gold 1200W Semi Modular Power Supply TPG-1200MPCUS

Monitor: Asus

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

PC CASE:DIYPC Alpha-DB6 Black Acrylic ATX Bench Case Bench Computer Case for ATX/Micro ATX motherboard

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Thanks in Advance

memetic
Level 7
Come on guys, anybody?

Korth
Level 14
Which VM software (and version)?

I never trust VMs running inside Windows, lol, unless the WinOS itself is running in a VM.

You can try your VM configuration in a linux, lots of them will boot from "Live USB" so you don't even have to do a fixed drive install.

I assume you've installed the chipset (X99 and ASMedia) drivers from the ASUS R5E page? You might also try upflashing to latest R5E BIOS, if you haven't already.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]