cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAximus Viii Hero Alpha stuck at U.2 Mode

jyyap
Level 7
so i successfully downgraded my BIOS back to 1902 from 3401. But the problem now is, i cant seem to detect all my hard drive, all my sata devices,including my Optical disk drive. The mode at Onboard Devices Configuration, i cant change U.2 MODE to SATA MODE. whenever i try to save it, i boots back to the bios and the mode is being change back to U.2 MODE... how do i solve this?
3 REPLIES 3

KotTHECat
Level 10
jyyap wrote:
so i successfully downgraded my BIOS back to 1902 from 3401. But the problem now is, i cant seem to detect all my hard drive, all my sata devices,including my Optical disk drive. The mode at Onboard Devices Configuration, i cant change U.2 MODE to SATA MODE. whenever i try to save it, i boots back to the bios and the mode is being change back to U.2 MODE... how do i solve this?

Now you can try updating your BIOS to 2202. Rename the file to M8HA.CAP, put it on a USB Flash Drive formatted in FAT32 and update using built-in ASUS EZ Flash 3.
Regarding slow boot process with 3401. In that version, the "USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator" is enabled and hidden by default. However, it seems to be fixed (shown) in 3504. If you feel adventurous, give it a try: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94479-Z170-Z270-ROG-and-ROG-Strix-UEFI-updates-for-hyper-t...
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

KotTHECat wrote:
Now you can try updating your BIOS to 2202. Rename the file to M8HA.CAP, put it on a USB Flash Drive formatted in FAT32 and update using built-in ASUS EZ Flash 3.

What is this witchcraft? You do not need to rename anything to use EZ Flash - just save the file to a USB and update. You only need to rename if you use USB Flashback which the OP has already done.

As for slow boot on that one bios version, the default setting does slow boot for some mice/keyboard combos. It is dependent on the mouse/keyboard though. When my Logitech G700 is connected it boots fast/normal on that bios. When my Corsair mouse is connected it hangs for about 5 seconds longer.

KotTHECat wrote:
Regarding slow boot process with 3401. In that version, the "USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator" is enabled and hidden by default. However, it seems to be fixed (shown) in 3504. If you feel adventurous, give it a try: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94479-Z170-Z270-ROG-and-ROG-Strix-UEFI-updates-for-hyper-t...

Well did what you told, but still stuck at the error though