ROG Member Array

MAximus Viii Hero Alpha stuck at U.2 Mode

so i successfully downgraded my BIOS back to 1902 from 3401. But the problem now is, i cant seem to detect all my hard drive, all my sata devices,including my Optical disk drive. The mode at Onboard Devices Configuration, i cant change U.2 MODE to SATA MODE. whenever i try to save it, i boots back to the bios and the mode is being change back to U.2 MODE... how do i solve this?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array KotTHECat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jyyap View Post
    so i successfully downgraded my BIOS back to 1902 from 3401. But the problem now is, i cant seem to detect all my hard drive, all my sata devices,including my Optical disk drive. The mode at Onboard Devices Configuration, i cant change U.2 MODE to SATA MODE. whenever i try to save it, i boots back to the bios and the mode is being change back to U.2 MODE... how do i solve this?
    Now you can try updating your BIOS to 2202. Rename the file to M8HA.CAP, put it on a USB Flash Drive formatted in FAT32 and update using built-in ASUS EZ Flash 3.
    Regarding slow boot process with 3401. In that version, the "USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator" is enabled and hidden by default. However, it seems to be fixed (shown) in 3504. If you feel adventurous, give it a try: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-threading-bug
    Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, Seagate 750GB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 7 Ultimate

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by KotTHECat View Post
    Now you can try updating your BIOS to 2202. Rename the file to M8HA.CAP, put it on a USB Flash Drive formatted in FAT32 and update using built-in ASUS EZ Flash 3.
    What is this witchcraft? You do not need to rename anything to use EZ Flash - just save the file to a USB and update. You only need to rename if you use USB Flashback which the OP has already done.

As for slow boot on that one bios version, the default setting does slow boot for some mice/keyboard combos. It is dependent on the mouse/keyboard though. When my Logitech G700 is connected it boots fast/normal on that bios. When my Corsair mouse is connected it hangs for about 5 seconds longer.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KotTHECat View Post
    Regarding slow boot process with 3401. In that version, the "USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator" is enabled and hidden by default. However, it seems to be fixed (shown) in 3504. If you feel adventurous, give it a try: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-threading-bug
    Well did what you told, but still stuck at the error though