cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb ?

Sneeky
Level 7
Hi , i have a few problems with my Corsair M65 RGB mouse and was told to use USBdview and came across this error
PORT 15 : device general failure ? any ideas
and on HWINFO
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
What is meant by "a few problems with my ...mouse" ? Can you say what the problems are, or is it just the error message you see?

• I would start by plugging the mouse into a port off a different hub and checking if you still see issues.

• If that doesn't work I would unplug the mouse and un-install the driver for the mouse (then reboot if you like) then plug in the mouse again and have the software re-install the driver.

• Have you tested the mouse in another computer to see if you get any errors? Worth a look.

• After these steps, if you still have errors, I would begin to suspect Windows Power Management of the device. I wouldn't necessarily start with that though, the other things are easier.
Davemon50

Sneeky
Level 7
what it is , the mouse sometimes is not found and i have to restart PC to allow it to be found by windows .
Mouse works fine in laptop

davemon50
Level 11
Do the steps above, and also check if you are using the latest driver version, v2.15.83. Also see if W10 power management options allow the device to wake the computer or not.
Davemon50

Sneeky
Level 7
How do i find out where is USB port 15 ?
is it actually a port or just a virtual port .