cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB extension cables?

PakRatJR
Level 7
Would anyone know where to get a RGB extension cable like the one that is included with the C6H? The only thing I can ever seem to find are all fan extension cables or the occasional 3 way splitter.
11 REPLIES 11

bachastain
Level 7
PakRatJR wrote:
Would anyone know where to get a RGB extension cable like the one that is included with the C6H? The only thing I can ever seem to find are all fan extension cables or the occasional 3 way splitter.

These worked fine for me:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XX41VD0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both ends are female so you might need these too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1GWIOY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cool. Thanks :cool::cool:

bachastain wrote:
These worked fine for me:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XX41VD0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah I used the same thing, perhaps another brand off Amazon but the same, and they worked. Make sure you don't use one of these as the first connection to the motherboard though, use the connector that comes with the motherboard first, then add one or more these behind it, then your RGB strips.
Davemon50

Thanks.

That is actually why I was looking for more. The LED strips I have and have been finding don't have long enough leads on them to plug directly into the board. I used the included one for one strip on one header but needed another one to put another strip on the second header.

What was the reason for not using them from the board to the strip?

PakRatJR wrote:
Thanks.
What was the reason for not using them from the board to the strip?

FYI, I'm using those extensions, connected directly to my 2 motherboard RGB headers. 1 extensions on one header and 2 extensions on the other. No problems.

It is just a friction fit so it might be easy to accidentally knock it loose. But that's the nature of these 5050 RGB connections. I really wish they had settled on a latching connector.

Cool. As long as they work function wise I am happy, I can work with funky fitment of stuff 😉

PakRatJR wrote:
Cool. As long as they work function wise I am happy, I can work with funky fitment of stuff 😉

Be careful of where the arrows are. I put the arrow to the +12 on both ends. They are not keyed so it is real easy to hook them up backward.

davemon50
Level 11
The reason I made the comment was purely anecdotal. I tried using the extensions directly on the RVE10 board, and got no RGB activity from the RGB strips, even with a well-placed snug fit. It wasn't until I used the included wire from the motherboard accessories that I got it to function, and it was immediate, so I know that's what caused it, at least in my case.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
The reason I made the comment was purely anecdotal. I tried using the extensions directly on the RVE10 board, and got no RGB activity from the RGB strips, even with a well-placed snug fit. It wasn't until I used the included wire from the motherboard accessories that I got it to function, and it was immediate, so I know that's what caused it, at least in my case.

Oh, ok. I will keep that in mind with them. Thanks 🙂

bachastain wrote:
Be careful of where the arrows are. I put the arrow to the +12 on both ends. They are not keyed so it is real easy to hook them up backward.

Thanks, I did notice that on the strips that I have. I did have to double check a few times when I was hooking them up for testing 😄