Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by IcezX2K View Post
    Its now available at newegg. I just purchased it with the rest of my build. Looking forward to my first AMD rig in 10 years.

Yeah, this is also my first AMD rig since 2001. But it is working out very well so far. I'm glad that they are putting their foot in Intel's ass!!!!
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

New ROGer Array

M.2 Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    You don't seem to realize that reviews are basically a form of advertising. Just because I have a difference of opinion doesn't make what I stated untrue! What really varies on the Extreme from the Hero that really matters? A bunch more fan headers? A little extra space for the layout thanks to a larger PCB? An A added to the audio chipset that still doesn't officially support Dolby because Asus is too cheap to pay the licensing fee? The only real difference besides the PCB size is the second M.2 slot. Can it boot off of M.2 in RAID? I honestly don't know but that would be the only benefit to having dual M.2 slots, at least in my opinion.

Extreme is simply a name given to define one board from another but doesn't actually guarantee or state that one is better than the other. A good example of this practice is with internet companies calling their services, "high speed", when what they are offering doesn't even reach 5Mbit. Another good example of the same thing are car companies calling these 4-door 4 cylinder cars, "sports models". They aren't performance vehicles at all! It's plain and simple, marketing. The term, "gaming" added to a motherboard name is another and there are plenty of examples of how a name can sell a product which actually doesn't truly represent what that product is or does and how it performs.
    Not sure how they did it but both M.2 are rated for PCIE x4 vs all the other boards to date only 1 is X4 rated speed the rest are X2 speeds.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hramika View Post
    Not sure how they did it but both M.2 are rated for PCIE x4 vs all the other boards to date only 1 is X4 rated speed the rest are X2 speeds.
    Those 4 PCI-E lanes have to come from somewhere. There still isn't any M.2 RAID outside of Threadripper boards.
    Syaoran

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9