Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf Denroh View Post
    I was looking at the QVL for this MOBO, and noticed the following:

Attachment 66533

I am buying this MOBO as soon as it is released, but am confused by the Size listed for this Corsair RAM. The MOBO specs state that max RAM = 64GB, yet the QVL lists 128GM (with 8 DIMMS) and also 64GB with 8 DIMMS...but only for this Corsair specifically.

I already bought the 32GB version of this exact memory (2x16) @ 2666 with same timings (15-17-17-35) because I thought it was QVL spec for 16GBx2. But only now I realize that the QVL shows 128GB and 64GB only. This is really confusing, especially since the max is supposed to be 64GB and there are only 4 slots on board.

So, my real questions are 1) will my two 16GB sticks of this RAM work at 2666 speed, and 2) will I be able to stable OC them?

Here is the actual memory and package that I got directly from Corsair:

Attachment 66534

Thanks everyone!
    I have checked the QVL list, this memory CMD16GX4M2A2666C15 DDR4 266616GB ( 2x 8GB ) Double side" "15-17-17-35"
    is in our QVL list. However, whether you can stable OC them depends on the OC conditions.
    Hope this info could help you.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SubnetMask View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something.... but it seems to me the ONLY significant difference between this and the C6H is it has the WiFi 'built in' from Asus.... Oh, and it has two less USB 3.0 ports on the back... So... What's so 'Extreme' about it vs the C6H? :yawn:

There is nothing about it that would make me even remotely interested in buying it over the C6H. WiFi? Nope. WHY would anyone want to mess with wireless on a desktop, especially when it has a Gig hardwire connection? less USB 3.0 ports? FAIL. In my personal opinion, the 'Crosshair VI Extreme' is more like 'Crosshair VI lite'. :shrug:

As far as people complaining about stability... Once I figured out what was causing my USB 3.1 controller to vanish and stay dead (three DisplayPort monitors attached to an XFX Radeon RX-480 - go figure), it's been ROCK SOLID. But then I don't push it to the bleeding edge.... So one can only assume that those complaining about stability are trying to push it as hard as they can - Overclocking, while 'allowed' due to the unlocked processors, isn't entirely supported or guaranteed. You might get lucky pushing a 3.6Ghz CPU to 4.5 Ghz - or it might crash and burn at 3.8 Ghz - Once you push it past what the manufacturer shipped it as, all bets are off - don't complain that you can't overclock your CPU. If you're running it at stock levels and it's crashing all over the place, that's different - Then you have something to complain about...
    1. PCB layer upgrade from 6 layers to 8 layers, it will cool down the whole system and make mobo more stable.
    2. 8 PINS CPU EATX & 16 PINS EATXPOWER were upgraded to solid metal pins which can carry higher current with lower heat.
    3. Both M.2 support X4 PCIE GEN3, but they can only make SATA RAID. Due to the fact that AMD hasn't released the driver for PCIE RAID.
    4. VRM driver IC has changed into combo IC with MOSFET, we internally have proved that thermal performance is better then.
    5. Double Front USB 3.0 ports. (moving two USB3.0 to the front side)
    6. FRONT EZ_PLUG can add more VGA Power.
    7. WB_SENSOR which can support Water Block from bits power. (it include water in out checking and water leakage prevention)
    8. Supper Audio Connector with LED light inside.
    9. Wifi Lan card. (C6H also have the Wifi Lan Card version)
    10. Addressable RGB LED support.
    11. No need installed IO Shielding.
    12. Stronger DIMM Memory Slot with metal in the middle of DIMM slot.

Hope these information help!
    Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I am a bit surprised that there aren't more E-ATX motherboards out there geared towards gamers and enthusiasts.*It is nice to see an E-ATX motherboard come out that I would actually want if it wasn't for the many issues plaguing the Asus Crosshair VI line. The Crosshair VI Hero has more than enough issues to make me bitter enough from the lack of progress in stabilizing the board to even consider another Asus product. The extra fan headers are a good example. There are issues with the Hero where the CPU and AIO headers shut down for no reason. Why add more on basically an identical board when Asus can't even ensure the ones on the smaller board all work consistently?! With the extra room, the layout could have been improved more. The M.2 slot hidden under the heatsink seems silly, especially when the chipset gets quite hot. The 24 pin power connector turned 90 degrees is a nice touch but why not do the same with the 8 and 4 pin connectors on the top left area of the motherboard? Where are the other premium features to justify in the increased price? A 5 gigabit ethernet port would have been nice. I am not even going to get started on what is wrong with the sound and the lack of DTS and Dolby. Asus could have and should have done better but they didn't!
    About C6H issues, I extremely recommend you to upgrade the newest BIOS in ASUS website.
    It resolved several AMD issues as I know.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...Desk_Download/

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    Performance should be identical to the Crosshair VI Hero and Crosshair VI Hero (WiFi AC). It is essentially the same board with more fan headers, a slightly updated version of the audio (which still lacks Dolby and DTS), 90 degree 24 pin power connector, a second M.2 slot under the chipset heatsink, the IO panel is attached to the board, and the board is physically about an inch or so wider.
    Have you seen the PC Mark result from this review video?
    The PC Mark performance is way better than any others.
    There are several efforts have been down on this mobo which I have already feedback to you in my previous massages.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by JOE711JOE; 08-11-2017 at 05:23 AM. Reason: mistype

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Temp and Voltage monitors were screwy on AM4/Ryzen systems (including ROG CH6 and STRIX X370F). Corrected somewhat, but not entirely, through subsequent firmware releases.

Have this problem been fixed on the ROG C6E? Do temp and volt reporting appear to be accurate?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Temp and Voltage monitors were screwy on AM4/Ryzen systems (including ROG CH6 and STRIX X370F). Corrected somewhat, but not entirely, through subsequent firmware releases.

Have this problem been fixed on the ROG C6E? Do temp and volt reporting appear to be accurate?
    If you mean Ryzen CPU's Temp, AMD modified some startdard during these few months.
    Not to my supprise, there are some problems at this period of time.
    In C6E case, We tried to make the ADC feedback design better.
    So if you require the accuracy of Voltage is under 0.05V, I would suggest you to meaure by probing.
    If not I think it has been improved by both BIOS FW and Hardware.
    Thank you!

ROG Member Array Zatarot PC Specs
    Zatarot PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorRyxen 1700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Sound CardXONAR ESSENCE STX II
    MonitorHP ZR24W
    Storage #1Crucial m400 250gb
    CPU CoolerEK SUPREMACY EVO
    CasePhanteks EVOLV ATV TG
    Power SupplySeasonic X-850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB
    Headset Sennheiser PC37x
    Mouse Pad none
    OS Windows 10 pro

Waited for so long and disappointed that the extreme is E-ATX, which does not fit in my case it also rubs me the wrong way because it feels like the E-ATX route was only chosen to make room for the extra M.2 which I find silly since the extra M.2 shares takes up pci lanes and it would have been better so add it as a pci-e riser card imo. Will there be an ATX equivalent of the c6 extreme?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by JOE711JOE View Post
    Have you seen the PC Mark result from this review video?
    The PC Mark performance is way better than any others.
    There are several efforts have been down on this mobo which I have already feedback to you in my previous massages.
    Thank you!
    PCMark scores are meaningless in my opinion. I am not putting the board down either. Just because I disagree with your interpretation of this board being the best thing since sliced bread where I think it was a disappointing refresh with nothing really useful added for most, doesn't mean I am trying to put the oard down. Creating a sock puppet account to support your bias opinions of the Ch6E is just laughable.

ROG Member Array

Honestly, it's quite underwhelming IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JOE711JOE View Post
    1. PCB layer upgrade from 6 layers to 8 layers, it will cool down the whole system and make mobo more stable. *shrug* might be beneficial, might not do much in reality
    2. 8 PINS CPU EATX & 16 PINS EATXPOWER were upgraded to solid metal pins which can carry higher current with lower heat. And just how much power do they really need to be able to handle?
    3. Both M.2 support X4 PCIE GEN3, but they can only make SATA RAID. Due to the fact that AMD hasn't released the driver for PCIE RAID. the second M2 slot could be nice (which I missed), but is essentially useless to me since I have a NVMe SSD
    4. VRM driver IC has changed into combo IC with MOSFET, we internally have proved that thermal performance is better then. Ok, sounds nice, but was there really anything WRONG with what the C6H has?
    5. Double Front USB 3.0 ports. (moving two USB3.0 to the front side) FAIL IMO. How many people have more stuff plugged into the front of their PC than the back?
    6. FRONT EZ_PLUG can add more VGA Power. No value if you're not running 4 GPUs
    7. WB_SENSOR which can support Water Block from bits power. (it include water in out checking and water leakage prevention)
    8. Supper Audio Connector with LED light inside. ooooooh an LED
    9. Wifi Lan card. (C6H also have the Wifi Lan Card version) Wifi on a desktop board = pointless IMO
    10. Addressable RGB LED support. oooooh more LEDS
    11. No need installed IO Shielding. *shrug* It's not exactly that hard to install a shield in the case
    12. Stronger DIMM Memory Slot with metal in the middle of DIMM slot. What are we doing, hanging gorillas off the RAM? Nothing wrong with the slots on the C6H and virtually every other board out there

Hope these information help!
    Thanks!
    Seriously, the only component on the board that MIGHT make me interested is the second M2 slot - IF it supported NVMe RAID. MAYBE. I suspect the majority of people that will buy the board are those that swear by the ' extreme' boards. Me I look a the specs of it compared to the C6H and say 'nope'. To each their own *shrug*.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array haihane PC Specs
    haihane PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair V Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX 8350
    Memory (part number)Gskill F3-2400C10-8GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS HD 6950
    Storage #1WD Velociraptor 1TB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120XL
    CaseCooler Master Silencio 650
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB