cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Centurion Headset Update?

Gaz936
Level 8
Good day Bahz...

Would it be possible for you to give us all an update on the situation with the Centurion headset?

How did your testing go and have the engineering team made any head way?

Many thanks...

Gaz
82 REPLIES 82

xeromist
Hi Gaz,

Did you see his post in the other thread and get your information sent? I'm guessing you have since you were posting in the other thread. Just wanting to make sure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91115-Rog-Centurion-Headset-mic-is-shocking&p=662420&viewf...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Hi Gaz,

Did you see his post in the other thread and get your information sent? I'm guessing you have since you were posting in the other thread. Just wanting to make sure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91115-Rog-Centurion-Headset-mic-is-shocking&p=662420&viewf...

Hi Xeromist...

Thanks for the message, yes I had seen Bahz's response and he has all my details. But thanks for checking

I too would like an update please.

Hi all, i sent Bahz the required information to go the hardware way to fix the mic, and i've been keeping an eye on the forum to be informed on any updates.

Today i've recieved a package from china (lighter and smaller than de Centurion original box) but i had to decline the package due to not knowing what it was, and because of taxes in my country, if i would have accepted the package, i would have to pay close to 50€ .

Thanks to the tracking number i've find out that it was sent August 1st from DONGGUAN - CHINA.

I'm sorry for not having any more information, and maybe it's not related at all with this, but it's the only cause i manage to find.

Hi

Out of the blue, I also recieved a package from china today (got an SMS from DHL earlier this week that a package was on its way and required me to sign for it).
Thoght it was some crap I ordered for myself or my GF from wish.com / aliexpress but it was a brand new Centurion headset (only the headset part, not the base).

I have not tried it out yet, but I can confirm that only one of the holes in the microphone is open.

I have tried the headset for a few hours now, I made no changes in my settings (only disconnected the old headset and connected the new that arrived today)

The sound is much clearer, confirmed both from friends in Discord and when I performed a local recording.
So it would seem like it was a hardware flaw in the old versions that have been corrected in this new one.

So after sending your details to Bahz did he reply or respond in any way at all? I really hope they are sending a brand new headset to everybody that would make the painful wait worth it.

j4rp0 wrote:
Hi all, i sent Bahz the required information to go the hardware way to fix the mic, and i've been keeping an eye on the forum to be informed on any updates.

Today i've recieved a package from china (lighter and smaller than de Centurion original box) but i had to decline the package due to not knowing what it was, and because of taxes in my country, if i would have accepted the package, i would have to pay close to 50€ .

Thanks to the tracking number i've find out that it was sent August 1st from DONGGUAN - CHINA.

I'm sorry for not having any more information, and maybe it's not related at all with this, but it's the only cause i manage to find.

it is the headset i got mine the other day in a strange box from china also

j4rp0 wrote:

What was the turn around time, from messaging Bahz to receiving the replacement in the mail?

Anyone know what change the revised headset provided is? Extra perforated mic holes?