cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KeyBot II blocking dedicated keyboard volume keys.

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
I recently started using Keybot to add some features to my somewhat old Saitek eclipse keyboard. Only issue is that when keybot is enabled, the dedicated volume up/down/mute buttons no longer work. Turning keybot off again allows them to work. Currently I have subsitute volume control keys mapped in KeyBot, however their functionality is poor, as the button needs to be tapped, rather than held to change the volume. Also I do not have enough spare buttons for a mute key.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I might be able to get both to work simultaneously?

The specs of my system with the issue can be seen in my profile, I can't be bothered re-typing them.
2 REPLIES 2

matmo10
Level 7
Same problem here....did you ever solve it?

matmo10 wrote:
Same problem here....did you ever solve it?

Never sorted it. I doubt it will ever be solved, due to the way keybot works. It'd be cool if the Asus team could sort it though, as then it would be an unreservedly awesome feature.

But since the KeyBot IC intercepts all keyboard communication, it only processes standard keystrokes, rather than volume/macro keys. Theres also a note somewhere saying that Aura cannot control the lighting of the ROG claymore keyboard while KeyBot is active.

I got a proper programmable keyboard a while ago, and am currently working on turning an arduino into an emulated keyboard that I can use to control keybot functions such as audio device switch and eject usb drives.