cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with W_PUMP conector CH6

Jackwolfskins
Level 7
Hi guys , so ive just finished my custom wc build and pluged my pump to the W_Pump conector that aparently supplies enough watts to power my pump , i just can find any info on how that conector works.

Can i adjust the pump speed ? if so how ?

And will it turn the board of if pump rpm drops to zero , for example a pump malfunction.

And should i connect my rad fans to the CPU fan header ? Currently conected to Chassi 1 and 2 connectors.

Thanks in advance
-= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i
4 REPLIES 4

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
Jackwolfskins wrote:
Hi guys , so ive just finished my custom wc build and pluged my pump to the W_Pump conector that aparently supplies enough watts to power my pump , i just can find any info on how that conector works.

Can i adjust the pump speed ? if so how ?

And will it turn the board of if pump rpm drops to zero , for example a pump malfunction.

And should i connect my rad fans to the CPU fan header ? Currently conected to Chassi 1 and 2 connectors.

Thanks in advance

I have no idea about the w_pump header. Ill test it when I get home. As for the fans, I'd plug them into the CPU and CPU_OPT headers at the top of the board. For my push-pull setup with a triple rad, I put all of fans on one side onto the CPU header and the fans on the other side onto a chassis fan connector (with hubs of course).

Be aware that you cannot mix DC and PWM control fans on the CPU and CPU_OPT connectors.

The AIO Pump header provides enough current for most pumps. It does monitor the RPM of the pump, accurately is to be debated. You will want to disable Q-Fan completely for fans and the pump. This doesn't stop the motherboard though from shutting off the pump and fans for no reason. There is a thread about that mess if you happen to experience that issue. I have my rad fans, all 6 of them for my Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 plugged into a fan hub with that hub connected to the CPU Fan header just to monitor the RPM of the first fan on the hub. Some have resorted to powering their pumps through fan hubs or controllers because of the issue where the board powers them down for no reason at all, causing the computer to shut down because of high temperatures.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
The AIO Pump header provides enough current for most pumps. It does monitor the RPM of the pump, accurately is to be debated. You will want to disable Q-Fan completely for fans and the pump. This doesn't stop the motherboard though from shutting off the pump and fans for no reason. There is a thread about that mess if you happen to experience that issue. I have my rad fans, all 6 of them for my Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 plugged into a fan hub with that hub connected to the CPU Fan header just to monitor the RPM of the first fan on the hub. Some have resorted to powering their pumps through fan hubs or controllers because of the issue where the board powers them down for no reason at all, causing the computer to shut down because of high temperatures.

Do you know if same happens in the dedicated W_Pump header ?

Thanks for the warning on the aio_pump conector i have to use the other one because my pump draws 18w.
-= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i

Jackwolfskins wrote:
Do you know if same happens in the dedicated W_Pump header ?

Thanks for the warning on the aio_pump conector i have to use the other one because my pump draws 18w.

No idea. I haven't used the other pump header but that might be something worth trying out. Wiping out the CMOS tends to fix the AIO header, at least temporarily. Manually setting everything once again kind of sucks.
Syaoran