ThreadRipper Delidded

Menthol
Level 14
Interesting video, possibly 32 cores on ThreadRipper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoVK6rJR5VE
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Just 16 cores. Its already been show that two of those dies are dummies to help support that big honking heat spreader and keep it from warping.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Just 16 cores. Its already been show that two of those dies are dummies to help support that big honking heat spreader and keep it from warping.

The extra cores are just bulk-filling placeholders? Or are they deactivated/dead cores on a less-than-perfect bin?

Can you link a source about this?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

SIMONHANDLEY1
Level 7
Who cares, I want one! :cool:

SIMONHANDLEY1 wrote:
Who cares, I want one! :cool:

Me too.
Than I could sell i7-5820K and Rampage V Extreme and order Zenith Extreme immediately.
I don't care for delidding, for OC capability, I' shocked with more than 58.000 score in Geekbench...
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 4.1GHz...

I remember someone post results about 28.000 before some time... that was obvious that score is not right.
This single threaded score is just little slower than my i7-5820K on 4.2GHz... we can say as i7-5820K default...
That mean gamers shouldn't worry for gaming performance of X399...
Everyone is ready to sacrifice 10 fps for stronger results than Intel i9 with 12-14 cores...
Maybe is time to build my Mac G5 AMD ASUS ROG.... Anyway RX Vega color fit perfectly with Mac G5 Case...:D