cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on installing M.2 drive on Maximus VIII Hero Alpha board.

OldMike65
Level 8
1st off, I do have my M.2 Samsung working on the Alpha board. (in the slot on MB) But my question is regarding the settings in my bios 3401.

The setting "PCIEX4_3/M.2 [PCIE Mode]" on page 3-34 of our manual for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha board, for configuring a M.2 drive does not exist anywhere in my bios ver:3401 which is suppose to be under "Onboard Devices Configuration", are not there or anywhere to be found. So does anyone know for certain that ASUS has removed these settings in bios ver 3401??
Actually I could find NO settings for a M.2 drive in the bios.

Like I said, I do have my Samsung M.2 960 Pro working pretty good, but I spent hours looking for settings related to a M.2 drive and found nothing.

So does anyone know for certain, that these setting's have been removed from the last updated bios 3401????
Thanks guys, Mike. 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Jagdseelen
Level 8
It should work when installed without changes to BOIS. you might want to disable CSM before installing windows though to force BOIS control over drivers.

No need to install Samsung drivers as Microsoft drivers work as good if not better.

Jagdseelen wrote:
It should work when installed without changes to BOIS. you might want to disable CSM before installing windows though to force BOIS control over drivers.

No need to install Samsung drivers as Microsoft drivers work as good if not better.

Correct as I did disable CSM before installing the M.2 drive. 🙂
But my question was for the settings for installing the M.2 drive that are in our manual, do NOT exist anymore IN the bios 3401. They have been removed.
I was just asking if anyone else can confirm my findings. I would have thought ASUS would at least updated the instructions on installing a M.2 drive when using the latest bios.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Yeah well ASUS can't even be bothered giving proper BIOS update descriptions.

Did you try downloading the latest manual online?

Jagdseelen wrote:
Yeah well ASUS can't even be bothered giving proper BIOS update descriptions.

Did you try downloading the latest manual online?

That's a joke, but yes I checked, last time it was updated was Dec of 2015 🙂