cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to undervolt Asus G752VY?

BL_11
Level 7
I want to know how can I undervolt the asus g752vy and the undervolt recommendation. Should I use XTU or Throttlestop?
THX
7 REPLIES 7

BoutTime01
Level 7
My G752VT has a 6700HQ CPU and I have offset the voltage using ThrottleStop to -125mV. It dropped 10 Deg C on the temps and seems to benchmark slightly higher.
ThrottleStop works better than XTU in my opinion. XTU kept forgetting my settings on reboot. There will be others on here that know a lot more than me should you have any other questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You can undervolt it as much as you want and I doubt anything would go wrong.. if you starve it too much, your compy will instantly shut down and the profile will simply reset back to 0mV.

So experiment as much as you like, a good safe and stable undervoltage is between -50mV to -70mV

Just don't go UP with voltage.. or it'll esploed..

Although I might be wrong. ;d

BoutTime01
Level 7
I went as low as -150mV with no issues. I didn't try any lower as I found -125mV offered the best benchmark results.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheKnight
Level 7
I'd like some advice on Intel XTU too. I have the G752VY.
Darnassus I think you remember my post about high ambient temperature and my CPU throttling. Although by installing an A/C system and using Notebook fan control with Dreamonic's profile is preventing my CPU from throttling, if I leave Hwinfo running on the background and check it after an hour of gaming I see a max temp of ~85 C and an average of ~76 C.
That max temp is really bothering me and since I've heard that undervolting does not impact performance I decided to hop on the same boat as the OP here.
At what voltage should I start and when should I stop?
Thanks 🙂

Darnassus
Status Under Review
TheKnight wrote:
I'd like some advice on Intel XTU too. I have the G752VY.
Darnassus I think you remember my post about high ambient temperature and my CPU throttling. Although by installing an A/C system and using Notebook fan control with Dreamonic's profile is preventing my CPU from throttling, if I leave Hwinfo running on the background and check it after an hour of gaming I see a max temp of ~85 C and an average of ~76 C.
That max temp is really bothering me and since I've heard that undervolting does not impact performance I decided to hop on the same boat as the OP here.
At what voltage should I start and when should I stop?
Thanks 🙂

The compy can go up to 80, but going above is when it becomes worrisome so yeah.. what's your ambient again? I forgot. I myself sometimes even have days where my ambience is 35-40*C but I've never gone up to 85. Sounds like you have a paste problem. ;x

For Undervolting, start at -50mV and keep going by small increments, such as -5's or -10's. Remember, CPU's are.. practically unique in their build quality. Results differ between machines. ;3

Darnassus wrote:
The compy can go up to 80, but going above is when it becomes worrisome so yeah.. what's your ambient again? I forgot. I myself sometimes even have days where my ambience is 35-40*C but I've never gone up to 85. Sounds like you have a paste problem. ;x

For Undervolting, start at -50mV and keep going by small increments, such as -5's or -10's. Remember, CPU's are.. practically unique in their build quality. Results differ between machines. ;3

Now with the A/C I keep my ambient temp at 25 C. Might be a paste problem but unfortunately I can't repaste it myself.
I'll try undervolting and see how it goes.
Thanks for the tips.

TheKnight
Level 7
Just undervolted with XTU -0.125 V. Without pumping my fans to 100% with Notebook Fan control my CPU was around 70-78 C and only at a few times it went above 78 C with a max of 82 C but it stayed up there for just a second.
However when I used NFC to pump my CPU fan to 100%, I was shocked. The CPU temp was around 68-72 C with a max of 75 C.
And the best part; absolutely no impact on performance. Still getting the same amount of FPS as before.
Finally solved my problem, yay! 🙂