cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ErP S5 question

cwallmeier
Level 7
Hi,

I build my first system in 10 years and I have an issue. I recently got myself an R 1700x CPU and the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard. I like the RGB lighting but I want it to turn off when I power down the system.
After a while, I found out I had to switch to S5 for the ErP Ready in the APM Configuration menu. I did that and it worked but now when I turn on the system it starts for a second then stops and starts again. Sometimes it turns off twice before it boots. Disabling the ErP Ready lets the system boot without issues.
Is there any other way to turn off RGB lighting when the system is off? I know I could just flip the switch on the back but it is kind of hard to reach due to the position of my case.

My System:
-Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370
-Ryzen 1700x
-G.Skill Flare X 3200 16 GB
-Asus ROG Strix 1080 Advanced
-Corsair CS Series CS650M 650W PSU
-M.2 960 EVO 500 GB (System Drive)
-Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
-NZXT Kraken X52 (Puss/Pull Config with stock fans and 2 Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet)
-2 Be Quiet Pure Wings PWM Fans on the top as exhaust
-Cooler Master Silencio FP 120 PWM fan on the back as exhaust
-Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered Glass

The system is running at 3.83 GHz / 3200 MHz.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

cwallmeier
Level 7
Hi,

I tried flipping the switch on the back. My PC does exactly the same start/stop/start as with the ErP S5 setting. Is there something wrong? I've been reading about the lack of support for fast memory and some people having cold boot problems.
Looking for Infos is really hard, I've found people saying they have no problems with fast memory and the C6H and others saying theres only probles with memory and the C6H.
If anybody has an idea, let me know.
Thanks!

Not sure about the computer going "on-off-on", but I did notice that when ErP S5 was turned on for me, it took longer for the PC to switch on at all. Perhaps that's related? Either way, I had a similar issue to you - LED lights were on even when the PC was off, enabling ErP compliance wasn't the best solution.

Have you tried installing ASUS' Aura software to configure the LED lighting from there? I'm currently using Aura 1.04.29 and there's an "Independent" tab which allows you to choose different lighting effects for when the PC is on and when it is off/sleeping/hibernating. I've selected "Off", and that fixes the issue for me: LEDs are on when the PC is "fully on", LEDs are off when the PC is in sleep/soft-off.