cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop key squeak.. (G752)

Darnassus
Status Under Review
One of my keys squeak quite loudly, the E key namely, how do you get them to be quiet? :f What would I use?
20 REPLIES 20

haihane
Level 13
My curiosity compelled me to want to know how squeaky it actually is,

And whether throwing a cat at it would scare it into not squeaking (joke)
#dontbanmepls
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
haihane wrote:

#dontbanmepls

FFFFFFFFFF!!!

Darnassus wrote:
FFFFFFFFFF!!!

roflcopter.

haihane
Level 13
Ok jokes aside,
I may have some unorthodox methods which involve opening the thing up, and putting some oil in the general vicinity, and massaging da keys till it stops squeaking.

What I'm not sure is : that'll probably bork the warranty. Probably.

Not sure if this is a good idea after all.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
haihane wrote:

#dontbanmepls

So I did the unspeakable, the unholy, the ludicrous and have pried off the key cap. *shiver* and soaked the scissor in isopropyl. It worked. I was afraid it was because the cap was rubberised and it was grinding the frame.

And, yes.. it was quite loud.. like, door squeaking loud almost.. it was VERY bad.. I should've recorded it.

Eleiyas
Level 10
I can only imagine taking that unit to a library or something and deliberately squeaking the key and everyone flipping out thinking its a mouse or something 😄

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
I can only imagine taking that unit to a library or something and deliberately squeaking the key and everyone flipping out thinking its a mouse or something 😄

If you want a mindblow..... it was a VOWEL.. :c

davemon50
Level 11
That's a new one on me, but I'm glad you were brave enough to sort it out. There are online stores where you can buy replacement keys for specific laptop models (and I have done this successfully before with broken keys, specifically Dell), but never ran into a squeaky key before. Hey, at least you can say you had a spare mouse for your laptop !
Davemon50

Darnassus
Status Under Review
davemon50 wrote:
Hey, at least you can say you had a spare mouse for your laptop !

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! ;U!

I assume the joint in the scissor was simply too tight so when it sunk on an angle it would squeak. It would only do so if I was pressing the bottom right corner of the key..

But hey I never hit the very center of keys. ;d