cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270 Strix E Bios keeps resetting

Poppy_Levell
Level 7
My bios keeps resetting after I turn power off. I did install gpu tweak and msi afterburner before it did it, Don't know how a software could cause bios to reset.
I've only had the computer just over a week.
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hi Poppy Levell

I have both gpu tweak II and msi afterburner installed and they don't reset my bios.

Are you turning off the psu switch when you shut down your pc? If so let the psu switch on and your bios settings should be saved.

I leave the psu switch on never turned it off since I got the computer. I Turn it off at the plug also.
This is worrying just odd it started happening after installing those.

Menthol
Level 14
Poppy,
Please explain in more detail if you would please, what do you mean by reset? are you making changes in the bios and they don't save on restart, or does it only boot to bios, or something else?
I assume you F10 and hit enter to save after you made changes to the bios
Do you have AISuite installed, and if so have you made changes to any settings in AISuite and saved them while in the OS, this and ASUS Vcore can make bios changes while in the OS

GPU Tweak or After Burner can make changes to GPU and save on reboot only if they start with windows and should never be run at the same time as they both do the same thing

What I mean is the bios settings reset and don't save after powering off the machine and I get press some f key to enter bios after.

Nate152
Let the psu switch and the power at the plug on when you shut down your pc, when you start it up it should save your settings.

Menthol
Level 14
If you hard reboot your system or you remove power from the board such as turning off the power supply it will come up to the bios screen saying hit F1 to enter and recover bios settings, this is normal, your bios settings should all be there and no changes need to be made other than F10 and enter to exit and restart, if the bios settings get set to default then you may have an issue, otherwise it sounds normal to me

Removed gpu tweak 2 and the issue is gone. Retains settings after switching off at plug.

Nope still got the issue, Really don't know what is causing it.

Nate152
As Menthol mentioned, after making changes in the bios hit F10 and Enter to save and exit. Also keep power to the motherboard after you shut your pc down.

Doing this should keep your settings.