cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sk hynix 16gb x 2 and procodt

Xirtz
Level 7
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 mfg rated at 3200mhz @ 1.35v

Currently 16 GBx2 at 2933 @ 96ohms, why memory boots up if I use 16GB x 4 at 3200mhz @ 46ohms and not with 16gb x 2 @3200MHz, ?
Can I go higher than 96ohms for 16x2GB? What chips I should cool/monitor if I go higher ohms?
If I lower memory voltage, will that lower PROC ODT values? Is there a way to lower PROC ODT values artificially?
Can asus make voltage values visible in the memory section ( vpp, V ref among others) in the bios?
3 REPLIES 3

syldon
Level 9
ProcODT stability will change if you adjust your set up. So having to change the ODT for adding memory sticks is normal. If you change your memory speed you may have to alter it again also.

Asus recommended 96ohm as the highest setting to use.

ProcODT is not a voltage value it is a bleed time value. It dictates how long the charge will be held, and then terminated. Hence on die termination acronym.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/63ripi/what_is_this_procodt_setting_under_dram_timing/ gives an explanation about it.

I have read some people going to 120ohm. But what the effects are I have no idea. I think going above 96 may lead to corruption elsewhere, which is why Asus stated 96 as max value.

Thanks Syldon. The AMD link was helpful. I also found some posts helpful at OC forum

From the reference I gather there are some other options left before I ramp up the PROCODT to 120ohms. Overshooting the electric signal/ ring is a risk but that wont degrade the memory according to user pantsoftime in OC Forum . I Dont know if overshooting will damage another component in the mb.

Do you have a source of asus stating CH6 PROCODT should not exceed 96ohms in CH6 mb?

From AMD https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog states 60-96 may prove helpful. That is about anyone is willing to submit.

Apologies for the misdirection. I thought it came from Asus.