cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobo Form Factor

randyw
Level 7
Can someone please tell me the form factor of the motherboard in my ASUS G20AJ? Thank You.
5 REPLIES 5

randyw
Level 7
If I obtain a non G20 H170 mobo for my barebones G20 case, will the rear connections line up with my rear I/O shield? Can you tell me if the rear mobo connectons on H170's are all in the same place regardless of mfr? Did ASUS (realign?) the location of the I/O's for the G20 so that are unique? In case you're wondering...I won't be using an HDD. This will not be a gaming pc. I'm just a surfboarder. No office work, video work and no gaming for this 3 score +5 senior. I just like the looks. I won't need the G20 mobo with the HDD cutout. I bought this case simply for the looks...sorry, ASUS. Finally...can someone tell me how many LCD modules are inside? I would gladly buy a parts/service manual if someone can tell me if they are available. I am obliged to be a member of this forum. I doubt I'll be able to contribute much since I am a novice and not a gamer. I hope I'm still welcome. sincerely, dinosoar.

xeromist
Hi Randy,

I moved your threads to the G desktop area as you'll find other customers with your machine posting here.

Unfortunately the motherboards for these machines are pretty custom. Short of fabricating a new motherboard tray and hacking up the chassis I can't think of a way of fitting another motherboard inside.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
randyw wrote:
Can someone please tell me the form factor of the motherboard in my ASUS G20AJ? Thank You.

the motherboard is custom to this case, here is a picture below. the ports for usb and audio are on the right and your graphics car slot is on the left, a normal motherboard would be the other way around. which means you will need a very custom case built for you

The photo included from "Welsh' is the O'E. board. Notice the cutaway for the GPU...I don't intend to use a Gpu, so a conventional board will suit me. Even an ITx board would be suitable, w or w/o external PSU. I am hoping that someone can measure the bolt mounting from the ASUS board. I can't confirm if ASUS followed form of a previous factor, e.g., ATX, MATX etc. I only have the mntg holes in the case for reference. I appreciate all efforts to now. Thank You, Randy.

P.S....I already own the case. (G20). The rear I/O is plastic and a homemade unit can be made. I believe the rear plate is basically a dust cover. Does anyone have an ITX board they can measure for mounting for me? I would gladly buy it, in the event it is a spare. A front I/o can easily be momebrew for on/off etc.Thanks, R.W.